Senior Business Development Manager – ESG Private Equity (F/M/D) – London
- London, UK
EcoVadis offers an exciting, truly international job opportunity in an innovative and dynamic environment. Awarded as the fastest-growing startup in the sustainable supply chain space, EcoVadis provides universal sustainability ratings to companies and their supply chains, with 65,000+ rated companies. EcoVadis is driven by a team of over 40 nationalities making a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies around the world. We aim at improving environmental and social practices of companies by leveraging the influence of global supply chains. More than 250 global multinational companies have selected the EcoVadis solution, including Verizon, GSK, Coca Cola Enterprises, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Renault, ING Bank, and Subway. EcoVadis secured a 200M$ Series-B funding with CVC Capital and Bain Consulting in 2020. A significant part of the future company development will be in Sustainable Finance. We are therefore looking to develop the PE market and need industry experience to complement our sustainability ratings expertise.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to play a key role in developing our new business of serving Private Equity firms (general partners) in their need to assess and monitor the sustainability of their portfolio companies, so they can in their turn report back onto their investors (limited partners). This position will be responsible for the market analysis, market development, input to product development, sales support of our commercial teams globally as well as supporting our existing clients in PE today. A proven track record of delivering sales results in the PE industry with tenacity, accountability, high energy, integrity and discipline is crucial to success on the Enterprise Sales team. This high profile role can work out of our office in London, or New York, and will report to our VP Global Business Development.
Planning of the overall sales and go-to-market strategy for the PE equity industry globally
Positioning the EcoVadis PE solution developing the value Proposition of the EcoVadis ratings solution for Private Equity
Developing all materials needed to support in selling the solution to prospective clients
Coordinating and organizing demand generating activities like tradeshows, company events or client workshops
Engaging with clients and prospects interpreting their needs so as to feed new products and solution requirements for future development.
Assisting sales teams in their sales cycles, complementing their sales skills with in-depth industry knowledge and expertise
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in selling solutions into the Private Equity industry
- Expertise on ESG / Sustainability topics and their use in Sustainable Finance
- Solid negotiation skills, and legal, business and financial acumen;
- Understanding of SaaS platforms
- Able to develop and execute sales strategies involving multiple stakeholders, with a natural ability to rapidly identify and form relationships with decision makers
- Proven ability to engage, build and manage C-level and Executive relationships
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong sense of client centric service
- Fluency in English and is a MUST, additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-growing international environment
- An exceptional working environment that values your initiative, your ideas and your character
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic and diverse team from 45+ countries
- The opportunity to help build and grow a new business and team within a highly successful organisation