Senior Event Producer, Experiential Production
Part of Dentsu International, Dentsu Creative is a Global Creative Network that transforms brands and businesses through the power of Modern Creativity. Led by Global Chief Creative Officer Fred Levron, 9,000 experts across the globe work seamlessly together to deliver ideas that Create Culture, Shape Society and Invent the Future. Dentsu Creative was launched in June 2022 to address a client need for simplicity and will be Dentsu International’s sole creative network by the end of 2022.
The Senior Producer will be responsible for supporting the VP of Experiential Production in helping to lead internal producers and external suppliers on several simultaneous projects. This position will manage/support key client projects, with a ranging scope size, from production brief to implementation. These responsibilities include managing, monitoring, and maintaining the project scope, task timeline, operating budget, required staff/resources, and overall quality of the resulting deliverable. The Senior Producer supports external client relationships and is responsible for overall experiential production satisfaction, quality of service provided by the extended production team, partners or vendors delivering on-time, on-budget completion of agency services. The Senior Producer must be able to sustain relationships with clients and serve as the client’s production marketing partner.
The Senior Producer position serves as an internal Experiential Production team leader and will operate production projects independently but also supervise a team of program managers, project coordinators and production specialists responsible for executional excellence in all client activation and/or event activities. Continue to work with the existing experiential production team to further support an excellence in production performance culture in the department with clear accountabilities and metrics that allow continuous improvement and development. The role provides complete management of all onsite client project needs and is a hands’ on position whenever onsite. Responsible for executing client deliverables based on a written project-specific scope of work (SOW), budget, supplier contracts, venue research and coordination work as well as collaboration with each client/program lead to manage and track project P&L, as well as to deploy necessary production talent on projects.
This position requires a solid background of event production experience in the spirits, beer or wine industry.
Client Communication and Relationship BuildingUtilizes excellent communication skills to build strong client relationships and deliver all elements of program elements with excellence
- Interfaces at the mid-tier and production executive level, developing and maintaining client relationships; assists in providing long-term perspective for brand and business growth
- Establishes himself/herself as a trusted strategic production business partner to the client
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and a passion for their client’s industry/business
- Establishes a strong “seat at the table” with the client identifying and seeing through new opportunities
- Works with the VP of Experiential Production to ensure that programs & projects are staffed appropriately
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the agency
- Embodies and reflects agency’s performance-based culture and continues the appropriate leadership tone for team
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams (e.g., creative, innovation, client service ) to develop strategic production and tactical programming
- Develops and maintains appropriate levels of communication with the clients, team and senior management
- Ensures that internal communication with immediate team and extended teams (creative, HR, accounting, innovation, vendors suppliers, partners, etc) are clear, concise, effective and timely
- Manages team interaction and develops partnerships with key stakeholders in accordance with brand and company objectives
- Collaborates with agency and in-house client resources and teams - to develop strategic, creative and effective programs
- Agency: Account, Strategy & Planning, Digital and Creative
- Client: Marketing, Sales, Digital and Operations
- Works with direct reports to effectively fulfill on all aspects of client’s business
- Actively participates in brainstorming and idea generation sessions and develops actionable operations plan against identified opportunities
- In collaboration with the VP of Experiential Production developed department staff plan, manages the project staff plan to ensure proper balance between client work load and agency financial requirements
- Identifies talent potential and through mentorship, develops program managers, PA’s and motivates team
- Accountable for timely, thorough and effective performance review
- Ensures execution of all programs at quality levels that consistently exceed client expectations
- Delivers programs that are on strategy, on time and on budget
- A consistent, measured leader whenever onsite from install, activation and strike including all troubleshooting and issue escalations.
- Procurement of permits, civic documents, structural engineering docs, insurance COI’s, flame certs and other documents needed for a successful event
- Coordination with additional local market experiential producers to ensure smooth activation excellence.
- Working knowledge of the clients existing inventory, inventory management system and related warehouse partners / assets.
- Drives annual Scope of Work process as well as individual Project Scopes
- Proactively manages and forecasts budgets and revenue streams
- Oversees client & program budgets including creating, tracking, billing, reporting and client approvals
- Provides financial input for ROI analyses on past programs and on program elements for future development
- Directs the management of invoices and receivables in accordance with agency policies
- Adheres to agency and client financial reporting and contractual processes
- Responsible for production feasibility vetting of the project creative and supervises all aspects of creative development process from brain storm, idea generation through execution
- Partners with agencies/ clients to ensure innovative, integrated development of consumer insights, trends and knowledge of "what works"
Reporting and Analysis:
- Establishes KPIs and/or other appropriate metrics for every program at outset of planning
- Supports the program/project review debriefings - analyzes and evaluates individual program results
- Identifies organic new business opportunities among existing clients, especially as it relates to an integrated approach, and leads appropriate agency approach/response
- Participates and leads in other agency new business activity when timing and approach is applicable
The anticipated salary range for this position is $ 63,440.00 to 91,900.00 . Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MANDATORY experience in the spirits, beer or wine industry.
- Proven leader with the ability to be calm under event pressure
- Strong consumer and target knowledge and understanding
- Excellent organization and communication skills (writing, speaking, listening and expertise in Microsoft Office software and Keynote).
- Timely decision making skills
- Proven track record of hiring and leading staff
- Exude enthusiasm and passion
- Proven negotiation skills experience, especially contract negotiations with suppliers and event organizers
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with clients or equivalent
- Proven track record of managing multiple clients
- 5-7 years live events, consumer marketing and/or relevant agency experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience; in marketing a plus
Working with us
Joining Dentsu Creative, you will be part of a creative network, delivering ideas that are brought alive in new ways. Along the way, you will team up with inspiring people across the world and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behavior. By bringing together the capabilities, experience and relationships of our collective experts, the opportunities for personal growth and development are endless.
We are united by four signature strengths:
Boundless Creativity – Kitsune Fox: In Japanese culture – the Kitsune Fox sees the future. We run towards the future, forever asking: what’s next? Our imagination has no limit. Our clients seek us out because we believe there is no problem we cannot solve with the power of modern creativity.
Intelligent Scale - Ryujin Dragon: The Ryujin Dragon controls the ocean and the tides. We flow the right talent around the right brief in the right moment, wherever it sits in the world. We scale our unique ideas with precision, using intelligent technology to make personal connections with millions around the world.
Obsessive Craft - Orizuru Crane: The Orizuru Crane carries the soul up to paradise. It inspires the most classic and iconic Japanese origami. We elevate the soul of our work with an obsessive focus on craft, nurturing the next-gen craft skills needed to soar in a modern world.
Radical Collaboration - Kohaku Koi: The Koi swim upstream against the tide, united as one. We chart new territory through the power of radical collaboration. We seamlessly connect Creativity, Media and CXM to imagine new solutions at the intersection of craft, data, culture, and innovation.
We believe our work can only resonate in the modern world if the people behind it reflect the modern work. We can only be truly relevant when we create a truly inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. That means – we are tough on the work but gentle with each other. We lead with empathy and are always listening and always learning. We support each other, we cheer for each other, we win together. We celebrate difference as the only way to make the work that makes a difference.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.