Senior Project Manager
About Merkle Netherlands
Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 300 colleagues here in the Netherlands, and integration in Merkle Northern Europe, which spans across Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Norway with a unified offering and one bottom line enabling true collaboration across borders between more than 700 colleagues. Merkle is a global leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing medium to large, complex, technically oriented customer projects and programs. You will successfully manage projects from the acquisition/pitch phase to successful implementation as well as continuous improvement of platforms. With your comprehensive overview of agile and traditional project management, you can successfully adapt them to an individual framework for the conditions project. Moreover, you will be responsible for assembling the project team, budget, progress control, and risk management. You will work as an advisor with the respective clients and communicate up to the leadership or management level. Additionally, you will confidently manage teams distributed across several locations and define with the customer the right balance between on-, near-, and offshoring.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to display excellent verbal and written communication, proficient project management capabilities, and an aptitude for working with a team of experts to break down complicated technical objectives into simpler tasks.
- Project Leadership. Creates and leads the project team to deliver the agreed outputs/outcomes within scope, time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Project Team Management. Designs, develops, and manages the project team on a day-to-day basis, appropriate to the context and project stage. Clearly defines, agrees, and delegates team and key stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
- Governance. Establishes and maintains effective governance and decision-making for the delivery of projects; defines clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities, that align with the program and/or organizational practice and requirements.
- Project Plans and Controls. Designs, consolidates, and documents the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, approach, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements).
- Scheduling and Dependency Management. Develops, produces, and maintains schedules for project activities that take account of dependencies, resource requirements, and constraints in order to enable the efficient realization of project outputs and associated benefits.
- Stakeholder and Communications Management. Identifies and manages pertinent project stakeholder relationships.
- +5 years of project management experience
- Knowledge of agile methods (Scrum, Kanban) and traditional project management methods.
- Experience with web technologies, mar-tech, and digital products.
- Sound knowledge in all facets of project management, also in connection with different delivery models and frameworks.
- High customer and goal orientation, flexibility, enthusiasm, resilience,
- Adept at using project management and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, and or Confluence. Adobe Workfront knowledge is a plus.
- Advanced level of English & Dutch
- Strong ability to understand technical concepts and development of process.
- Experience in managing stakeholders from different business areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail.
- Willingness to be available as project needs and timelines require.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues.
What we offer...
- An international environment, working for well-known and leading clients and a real focus on development;
- A place in a consulting team with ambitious, result driven and talented colleagues at an innovative company;
- Working with the best specialists within our field;
- A competitive salary with excellent benefits;
- Ample opportunity for other fun things to do besides work, such as Friday afternoon drinks, Merkle/Dentsu parties, office Olympics and well-being days.
Good to know
The requirements listed in this job description are guidelines, not hard rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you think you might be a match for us, we strongly encourage you to apply.
"Bij Merkle NL streven we naar een veilige werkplek met als doel gelijke kansen en behandeling voor iedereen. Waar iedereen zich welkom en veilig voelt om te zijn wie ze zijn en waar iedereen zich kan uiten. Omdat we voorstander zijn van echte verandering, moedigen we sollicitaties aan van kandidaten met verschillende achtergronden om zo onze diversiteit verder te vergroten."