Growth Solutions Lead
About Merkle Netherlands
Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 300 colleagues here in the Netherlands, and integration in Merkle Northern Europe, which spans across Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Norway with a unified offering and one bottom line enabling true collaboration across borders between more than 700 colleagues. Merkle is a global leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
A rare opportunity for an experienced commercial leader to join our NE Growth Solutions Team, shaping and leading responses and solutions that lead to new business. You’ll be our key responsible in NL, sourcing opportunities, qualifying them, and leading our consultative approach to sales.
If you only have a commercial sales background, this role is not for you. We’re not looking for a door-opener nor a manager, we’re looking for an experienced t-shaped practitioner who is actively consulting to clients and ready to move from delivery into sales. Our ideal candidate brings 10+ years of experience shaping digital solutions as a strategic consultant, designer, or architect. You strive in applying your practical knowledge to business challenges and you’re able to apply creativity and strategic thinking to shape and describe solutions that solve these. You’re a confident leader and presenter who can convince C-Level stakeholders, whilst demonstrating humility and respect for the experts and experience within our teams. This means you’re not a lone wolf, you’re a pragmatist with good collaboration skills: You’ll be part of a senior team across Northern Europe, with access to support and practitioners across our 800-person business. So, when leading responses, you can complement your specialist background with other experts around the business. Your focus will be creating opportunities and responding to inbound for both new and existing clients.
- 7+ years of designing and delivering complex digital products and services, ideally across commerce, cms, crm and Martech
- Broad understanding of end-to-end processes within digital, deep expertise within speciality (can be design or tech)
- Broad understanding of systems landscape & enterprise architecture, delivery methodologies and product & service design
- Experienced with hands-on delivery and consulting
- Native level Dutch speaker, with excellent English and experience working internationally
- A strong network within the Netherlands
- Strategic and commercial mindset
- Ability to produce content
- Pragmatism and grit
What we offer...
- A challenging position with complex issues on a strategic level. A lot of responsibility and room for entrepreneurship;
- An international environment, working for well-known and leading clients and a real focus on development;
- A competitive salary with excellent benefits;
- Ample opportunity for other fun things to do besides work, such as Friday afternoon drinks, Merkle/Dentsu parties, office Olympics and well-being days.
Good to know
The requirements listed in this job description are guidelines, not hard rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you think you might be a match for us, we strongly encourage you to apply.
"Bij Merkle NL streven we naar een veilige werkplek met als doel gelijke kansen en behandeling voor iedereen. Waar iedereen zich welkom en veilig voelt om te zijn wie ze zijn en waar iedereen zich kan uiten. Omdat we voorstander zijn van echte verandering, moedigen we sollicitaties aan van kandidaten met verschillende achtergronden om zo onze diversiteit verder te vergroten."