VP, Audience and Insights
We are champions for meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
The VP, Audience & Insight is the lead of the Audience & Insights team supporting Canada's media and creative service line. This person will report to the President of the media service line in Canada.
This person is responsible for leading the generation of insights to support us in our journey to know people better than any other agency. As such, the role will support audience research, media strategy, activation, brand research and media effectiveness teams. Using research, data, and analytics techniques, this role will help answer client business questions and establish/implement best practices. They shape and package what we think for clients to act on. They are business forward; a creative thinker, this person is always in search of the numbers, the ‘why’ behind the numbers, and ‘what’ do we do next.
- Champion of the best in class for research as that evolves for media, brand and creative.
- Push our research partners to do more and better to help us solve critical business and audience questions for our clients
- Create new product offerings for our clients to generate revenue and deepen our relationships with clients
- Drives cross-functional collaboration, working closely with client leadership teams to drive meaningful quantitative and qualitative research solutions to inform campaign audience strategy
- Develop audience approach using a mix of syndicated and proprietary resources to identify and understand opportunity audiences and support the performance
- Work closely with performance, media effectiveness and investment to connect the dots between understanding audiences through to activation to then closing the loop.
- Help steward our position of critical metrics around attention
- Develop competitive insights to further understand the competitive landscape and marketplace, including knowledge of Pathmatics, SimilarWeb, SEMRush and more
- Recommend innovative and solutions-oriented approaches tied to actionable media and marketing implications
- Support on new business initiatives and organic growth of existing clients
- Develop process around project management with support from Growth to help the team track revenue, and growth and manage projects with excellence
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Marketing or in related field
- 8+ Years in an agency (media or creative) in research and audience
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment and is an effective time-manager
- Has agency or research experience in a client-facing role; with experience managing one or more direct report(s)
- Has excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Numerator, Numeris, Pathmatics, similarweb, Kantar, Ipsos or Environics is required.
- Has an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across multiple functions (analytics, strategy, investment, creative)
- Has the drive to want to deliver next and challenge the status quo
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.