Manager, Data Science (Modelling)
Merkle Cardinal Path, part of Dentsu Aegis Network, is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding, and outcomes that create a competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Merkle Cardinal Path’s mission is: To know. To Share. To be our Partners’ competitive advantage. And our company culture reflects the importance of our people's expertise, wellness, and happiness in everything we do.
Merkle Cardinal Path is rapidly expanding its Google Marketing Platform strategy with our clients, including media strategy, activation, platform management, analytics, and managed services to deliver transformational outcomes.
This role is also being considered remote in the USA
The Manager, Data Science will provide support for the Director in the daily management of new and existing team members. You are responsible for managing your team with guidance, oversight and counsel from the Director. You are expected to partner with other managers in some client communications and will be evaluated on your relationship building capabilities both internally within Cardinal Path as well as externally with clients, partners, vendors, contractors, etc. Work may include ad-hoc analysis of raw data, model development such as forecasting and classification, research into emerging analytics trends, presentation development, as well as technology research.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Ongoing practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
● Mentor/manage Data Science team members
● Support business development efforts as part of an integrated team
● Partner with your Director to educate clients on the value of adding Data Science products to their business, capturing & defining needs and solutions
● Synthesize business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models around.
● Assess data for validity in terms of predictive capabilities, required feature engineering, opportunities for data widening, or alignment to business requirements
● Develop and support methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
● Build cooperative, productive relationships with clients by utilizing excellent communication skills, while also interacting effectively internally and externally.
● Research, prototype, and explore future, non-standard analytics approaches that push the limits of current analysis output. This will include exploring novel machine learning techniques which enable our teams to tackle segmentation, clustering, and predictive models used in a wide variety of areas.
● Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis or related
● 3+ years’ experience as an Analyst / Data Scientist
● 1+ years’ of managerial and leadership experience
● Advanced knowledge of Python, R, or SAS for model development
● Previous experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics
● Extensive experience with statistical modelling techniques
● Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, and DOMO for dashboarding or analysis
● Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams
What will make you stand out:
● Previous experience with marketing analytics including database marketing techniques, campaign lift, attribution and media mix modelling
● Familiarity with analyzing data for digital marketing and ecommerce, as well as all other non-digital aspects of a business
● SQL skills
● A solid knowledge of ETL tools
● Understanding of how to deal with larger data sets and parallel computing problems
● Cardinal Path leverages digital analytics and digital marketing to deliver insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical level to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
● Our company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law
.● We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.