Junior Graphic Designer
- 800 Westmere Avenue, Charlotte, NC
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
The role of a Junior Graphic Designer is to bring creative thinking and visually compelling designs across any format in this dynamic job.
An ideal candidate is adept in multiple facets of the creative process, enjoys collaborating, is eager to learn and expand on skills, and has a strong passion for design. We are looking for a creative individual who has the ability to work under close direction, independently and within a team environment.
The Junior Graphic Designer is expected to collaborate with the creative team as well as cross-functional teams to develop creative ideas that answer client briefs with unexpected solutions.
This person must be on top of the latest design trends, motivated, positive, and able to quickly execute projects with excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the Creative Director and Team in all areas of graphic design from conception and project execution to completion
- Develop high quality concepts and designs across all forms of print, digital and social for our clientele daily and weekly
- Stay current with the latest trends and best practices within the design world, especially within social media, to ensure concepts are fresh and relevant
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain workflows and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accurate execution against creative briefs
- Work within brand guidelines while challenging yourself to think out of the box and elevate creative solutions
- Work with team members to see projects through to approval and delivery of final files
- Present work to internal and external teams with the ability to confidently communicate the rationale behind your design
- 1+ years of experience working within a design firm, digital/social/advertising agency, or other creative team environments
- Portfolio of thoughtful work that demonstrates your conceptual abilities and design execution skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge and application of color theory and design principles
- Strong layout and typography skills and elevated design aesthetic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to teams and clients
- Excellent attention to detail and managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight time constraints
- Desire to learn and grow, be self-motivated, and have a positive attitude!
- Exercise a strong knowledge of current design trends and a curiosity for new techniques
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Ability to work independently, under close direction and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.