Associate Producer, Sponsorships & Events
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
dentsu creative is a collective of agencies at the forefront of culture and innovation. Formed in January of 2021, we are one of the most globally awarded teams across the Dentsu network. Composed of dentsuMB, 360i, and Isobar, amongst other notable agencies, we work with clients to provide solutions that meet people at every single point of their brand journey and are committed to upholding a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Associate Event Producers support the internal workings such as planning, staffing, tracking and overall behind the scenes of activating Diageo brand events. They are responsible for assisting the Regional Director in an administrative support role to execute the overall quality and execution of consumer experiences. Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to): staffing, managing payroll, Event report forms, event sourcing, budget creation / management, vendor communications, timeline management, asset logistics, on-site execution, administrative and operational tasks. Events range in size, scale, and timing, and Associate Event Producers must be able to organize and coordinate multiple sized events simultaneously. This role requires strong cultural, community, and local awareness, with the ability to connect brands with the right events while maximizing consumer satisfaction and brand relevance.
Great compensation package
Comprehensive healthcare plans
401(k) with employer match
16 weeks paid parental leave
• Play a support role to Event Regional Directors and assist in all aspects of administrative needs, event planning and activation within designated markets as assigned, ensuring all deliverables are met for both regional and localized assignments and any assigned task as assigned.
• Help source event opportunities that align with brand objectives to assigned regions and markets as needed.
• Activate assigned events according to brand guidelines and ensure execution is consistent with brand standards
• Coordinate staffing and logistics for all non-premise brand experiences (event staffing, asset transportation, product delivery, etc.)
• Lead on-site production and or provide experienced on-site PM to lead (asset facilitation, consumer sampling, hospitality, content capture) ibn select markets
• Point-of-contact for clarification, trouble shooting, and issue escalation
• Work with national and local vendors, including insurance carriers
• Procure permits, civic documents, and all other permits / paperwork required for events
• Administrative tasks; invoice requests, staff payroll, expenses, etc.
• When requested:Travel within assigned market area is expected and often required to perform managerial, activation, and execution responsibilities
• Assist in managing Regional Vehicle asset program.
• Assist with the negotiation of event sponsorships that maximize brand impact and value for assigned locations
• Provide client and stakeholders with new ideas and activation opportunities
• Help manage pre / during / post event communications, ensuring any issues or changes that might impact events are escalated or approved through proper channels and documented
• Support budget creation, implementation, expense tracking & management, and reporting as assigned by the Regional Director
• Provide continual budgetary input on event cost expenditures per event
• Reports directly to the MKTG Regional Director
• Ensure activation is planned for / and executed in compliance with state event regulations, local sampling laws, company policies, and client marketing codes
• Continual evaluation of local market sponsorship opportunities and local event alignments against brand objectives
• Meet regularly with Regional Director to ensure and enforce activation scopes are achieved
• Ensure part-time event staff are understanding of activation goals and local compliance
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2+ years of experience producing experiential / event production projects within a marketing or communications environment
• Particularly interested in experience tying business strategy and sponsorship to experiential events.
• Experience in at least one additional specialized area such as: stage production, lighting technology and design, transportation, set fabrication, décor styling, etc.
• Strong organizational and coordinating abilities
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to support numerous projects simultaneously while managing priorities and timelines
• Strong interpersonal skills and easily approachable
• Ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and create solutions.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment, (this is not a 9 to 5 job)
• College graduate (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Daily Use/Knowledge of: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Keynote. General understanding of Sketchup or ACAD is preferred.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.