VP Head of Paid Search
Our mission is to Drive Business Performance. We use data to create personalized and connected experiences that deliver transformative business outcomes. Our role is to ensure our clients meet their quantifiable business goals every day, consistently, in every market. We are entirely focused on delivering better business results through optimization, creation and analysis across all digital platforms. Our scope ranges from recommending how to use content more effectively to optimizing daily media channel performance and maximizing visibility in eCommerce platforms.
The VP, Head of Search is responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing our paid search and SEO offering in Canada. They will champion innovation and best practices as well as aiding our business development team with pitch presentations, RFP responses, and case study creation. Dentsu is a global network, and the Head of Search is expected to work with US and global counterparts to leverage knowledge and solutions. Success in this role is seen through proactive talent management, creating an environment for great work, and by establishing successful search investment strategies that drive business results for our clients.
- Develops and authors overall team strategy and approach to Search
- Ensures best practice, consistency, and innovation in all Search activities; ensures knowledge sharing across teams
- Liaises with other channel leaders to standardize work output and engages in cross-channel strategic planning
- Ensures the annual budget is met, working alongside the Senior Management Team
- Ensures profitability of team through effective resource planning
- Grows and develops product offering to keep it leading edge
- Develops key media owner and senior client relationships to enhance our offering
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced marketing degree considered an asset
- 10+ years developing, managing, executing, and measuring paid and/or organic search campaigns, ideally in an agency setting and leading a team of digital marketing professionals
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple client portfolios across a variety of industries
- Experience managing and developing staff at all levels (intern though director)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Performed at a director-level position or above in previous position
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.