Part of Dentsu International, Dentsu Creative is a Global Creative Network that transforms brands and businesses through the power of Modern Creativity. Led by Global Chief Creative Officer Fred Levron, 9,000 experts across the globe work seamlessly together to deliver ideas that Create Culture, Shape Society and Invent the Future. Dentsu Creative was launched in June 2022 to address a client need for simplicity and will be Dentsu International’s sole creative network by the end of 2022.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Dentsu Creative is an agency of dentsu.
This is a UX Copywriter position within Dentsu Creative’s Design & Innovation Group, working on a global financial brand. Within this role you’ll create best-in-class online experiences that are grounded in strategy, substantiated by research, and driven by industry best practices. You’ll be involved in projects from ideation to execution, helping shape business strategy and brand positioning, fine-tune ideas through research, and bring them to life in meaningful ways with measurable impact. This role is best suited to someone who listens well, learns fast, collaborates enthusiastically, and is excruciatingly attentive to small details.
The Design & Innovation Group operates as a fully remote entity based out of NYC and working EST hours, with employees across the US and South America. We hold ourselves to a high standard of creative excellence and process efficiency, but also value keeping a healthy work/life balance and getting to know each other as people. We meet daily to discuss workloads, responsibilities, and blockers, and often end up sharing podcast recommendations or debating critical current issues like whether a taco is a sandwich.
If you’re passionate about digital, equal parts strategic and creative, and a bit obsessive when it comes to your writing, this is an awesome opportunity to grow your career on a global financial brand.
What you’ll do:
- Write website copy and digital advertising about finance, business, and travel, working closely with User Experience teams and clients around the world.
- Create and update formal copy documents, manage file versions and incorporate internal and client feedback with annotations for the design team.
- Liaise with client legal teams to create product claims and digital assets that are both verbally bold and thoroughly lawsuit-proof.
- Present work to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Assist the strategy team with brand and creative positioning; write sample creative for brand guides, product playbooks, and user testing.
- When time permits, participate in projects and pitches that push the envelope for digital innovation.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Provide a link to a portfolio demonstrating UX writing and/or financial copywriting capabilities. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Be able to work EST hours. We are a remote team, but we and our client are based out of NYC.
Who you are:
- First and foremost, you are a phenomenal writer who loves communication. You are comfortable writing in different lengths, formats, tones, and voices. You’re obsessed with finding the best way to say things.
- You’re highly detail oriented—even annoyingly so. You review your own work several times before sharing it, obsessively spot inconsistencies between copy decks and visual design, and can incorporate lots of tiny notes from multiple stakeholders without feeling put-upon.
- You’re a fast learner, able to quickly get up to speed on complex and nuanced brand structures, products, and processes.
- You understand digital media and can write with user experience and visual design in mind.
- You’re comfortable in a client-facing role, able to defend your thinking and graciously accept feedback from a variety of stakeholders even at the tail end of a long and tedious meeting.
- You’re naturally curious and genuinely enjoy research. You know how to vet and cite sources and distill your learning into succinct summaries.
- You’re great at explaining things—even very complicated ones—in simple terms. You can “explain it like I’m five years old.”
- You have excellent time-management skills and can work on multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal direction.
- You’re known for figuring things out yourself, but aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You’re deliberate in your thinking and a pro at defending it. You understand there are sometimes complicated or inconspicuous reasons why a particular line of thinking might not work for a specific project.
- You can feel at home in a team. You believe that success is shared by everyone who contributes. You are collaborative with people who have different viewpoints or sets of expertise than yours. You are a human being, or close enough.
We’d also like it if:
- You’ve worked in finance, tech, pharma, or another highly technical vertical that involves lots of little details and compliance reviews.
- You have SEO experience.
- You have experience working with brand and legal compliance, and you see them as valued team members rather than mortal enemies.
- You have experience writing for translation.
Working with us
Joining Dentsu Creative, you will be part of a creative network, delivering ideas that are brought alive in new ways. Along the way, you will team up with inspiring people across the world and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behavior. By bringing together the capabilities, experience and relationships of our collective experts, the opportunities for personal growth and development are endless.
We are united by four signature strengths:
Boundless Creativity – Kitsune Fox: In Japanese culture – the Kitsune Fox sees the future. We run towards the future, forever asking: what’s next? Our imagination has no limit. Our clients seek us out because we believe there is no problem we cannot solve with the power of modern creativity.
Intelligent Scale - Ryujin Dragon: The Ryujin Dragon controls the ocean and the tides. We flow the right talent around the right brief in the right moment, wherever it sits in the world. We scale our unique ideas with precision, using intelligent technology to make personal connections with millions around the world.
Obsessive Craft - Orizuru Crane: The Orizuru Crane carries the soul up to paradise. It inspires the most classic and iconic Japanese origami. We elevate the soul of our work with an obsessive focus on craft, nurturing the next-gen craft skills needed to soar in a modern world.
Radical Collaboration - Kohaku Koi: The Koi swim upstream against the tide, united as one. We chart new territory through the power of radical collaboration. We seamlessly connect Creativity, Media and CXM to imagine new solutions at the intersection of craft, data, culture, and innovation.
We believe our work can only resonate in the modern world if the people behind it reflect the modern work. We can only be truly relevant when we create a truly inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. That means – we are tough on the work but gentle with each other. We lead with empathy and are always listening and always learning. We support each other, we cheer for each other, we win together. We celebrate difference as the only way to make the work that makes a difference.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $59,000-$92,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.