Lead Software Engineer
- I St, Boston, MA 02127, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Isobar Public Sector is seeking Lead Software Engineers. Successful candidates should have senior knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software teams. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases.
What You’ll Do
- Use Lean, Agile and DevSecOps best practices to iteratively build applications in support of critical USAF missions.
- Use Extreme Programming and DevSecOps best practices to iteratively build features of the application for testing and feedback.
- Write test scripts in an agile software development environment with an emphasis on automated test procedures, and continuous integration and continuous delivery of software.
- Discuss future limitations with a forward-thinking approach in resolving roadblocks presented by current strategy.
- Stay informed on the latest software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
- Assist in making technical decisions in order to migrate legacy systems to the cloud.
Who You Are
- A US Citizen and possess a Secret Security Clearance (or be eligible to obtain one).
- Superior communication skills and ability to brief executive-level leaders with little notice.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including design, code, test and deployment.
- Ability to provide recommendations to improve existing software applications and development processes.
- 6 years of non-internship professional Full-Stack Software development experience (Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development)
- 2 years of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes such as Git, Concourse, GitLabCI, SonarQube, Fortify, and ThreadFix
- 2 years of experience with front end frameworks like React or Vue
- 2 years of experience with Extreme Programming practices (Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, CI/CD, etc.)
- 2 years of experience contributing to software architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of both new and existing
- 1 year of experience using container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- 1 year training, upskilling, and/or mentoring engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
Who We Are
Isobar Public Sector combines next-level commercial capabilities with deep government expertise to solve complex technical challenges and deliver unparalleled digital transformations. We are an experienced technology services provider that specializes in human-centric design, emerging technology, machine learning, secure cloud solutions and application development. We take pride in our 20-year heritage of working with the Department of Defense.
Here are some of the benefits that accompany full-time employment at Isobar.
- We offer unlimited/flexible time off for vacation and personal time. We believe in treating adults like adults and allowing for open communication between team members and their supervisors to determine proper timing and coverage.
- In addition to 16 recognized holidays, our offices are closed the last week in December. This adds up to 21 paid company holidays in 2022.
- 401K + company matching: 50% of every dollar you contribute, up to the first 6% you contribute; you are 33% vested after each year of service, becoming fully vested after three years with the company.
- Multiple levels of offerings for medical and dental, including a covered membership fee to exceptional primary care through One Medical.
- A generously paid parental leave policy that enables 16 weeks of leave, regardless of gender, at 100% pay.
- Caregiver Leave, up to 6 weeks paid leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition.
At Isobar, we are a culture of many, united as one…
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.