Manager, Hospitality & Events
- 800 West Hill Street, Charlotte, NC
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG is currently seeking a Manager who is hospitality-minded and passionate about events to join our Hospitality & Events team in Charlotte, NC or Westport, CT. This position will require the ability to plan and implement high-quality corporate hospitality events and traditional meeting planning events. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and inspired individual who has the creative aptitude, exceptional organizational skills and professional etiquette required to meticulously plan and execute corporate events that enhance the client/guest experience.
- Applying strategic marketing objectives to event execution
- Interacting directly with clients as day-to-day account/project lead across multiple events/properties
- Leading account team(s) in a fast-paced environment; identifying and assigning team members’ roles and responsibilities
- Interfacing with properties, venues and suppliers to deliver first-class experiences for guests
- Planning and executing site visits
- Responsibility for the preparation, management and adherence to line-item budgets
- Developing ideas for creative event branding, collateral and other on-site materials that enhance the guest experience
- Organizing and distributing event tickets
- Negotiating and securing services from event suppliers and venues based on client/event criteria
- Directing attendee event experience plan and presenting related new and fresh concepts to the clients
- Onsite leadership and team management at corporate hospitality events
- Leading the team to prepare client-ready event recaps, event itineraries, staff plans
- Conducting client conference calls and meetings with prepared documents/presentations
- Managing and communicating project status with internal manager, internal team and clients
- Identifying opportunities for business growth; ability to frame a project and develop a concise proposal
- Evaluating event successes and areas for improvement
- A Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience developing high-level corporate events and hospitality
- Sports hospitality and agency experience
- Proficient in budget management and planning
- Managed program components and worked with client and/or other agency partners to deliver events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe creative programs or guest registration systems
- Experience building presentations and delivering them
- Creativity and interest in trends in hospitality and events
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel frequently, both weekdays and weekends (12-16 event weekends annually)
- Experience with virtual event platforms and virtual event execution (not required but a plus)
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.