Manager, Sponsorship Activation
- 57 Greens Farm Road, Westport, CT
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG Sports + Entertainment is looking for an enthusiastic professional with relevant experience to manage strategic, integrated brand marketing and activation campaigns with Fortune 500 companies. As a Manager on our Sponsorship Consulting team you will play a major part in partnership strategy, activation planning, execution, and measurement.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Golf & NFL sponsorship landscape and experience developing and executing activation programs at both the league and individual team level. We’re looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, excited by the prospect of working on award winning sponsorship accounts and passionate about being part of a high performing team. You are also confident, creative, and motivated. Successful employees will approach unexpected challenges quickly and creatively. You will report into the Senior Manager and lead a junior team. This role can sit in Westport, CT or Charlotte, NC.
- Lead a junior team to ensure account goals are met, while also providing account support
- Communicate with clients to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and collaboration
- Assist senior management with execution of official partnerships, ensuring use of all assets available to client
- Collaborate with sanctioning bodies and rightsholders to help develop outstanding marketing partnerships
- Work with clients to ensure contractual relationships are fulfilled
- Write and develop key documents including activation plans and POV documents to client-ready status
- Work with client team to develop, present, and execute activation campaign recommendations
- Play a key role in activation campaigns and events
- Maintain oversight on activation programming including overall annual and per-event budgeting
- Understand project budgets and manage costs following internal guidelines
- Semi-frequent travel is required including weekends and occasional holidays
- 3-5 years of directly related experience
- BA/BS in Marketing or related
- Possess an exceptional understanding of the sponsorship industry and experience working on high-profile sponsorship programs involving properties such as the NFL, NASCAR, NBA, MLS, PGA TOUR, NHL, USOC, and/or MLB (not including sales, operations, or athlete management experience).
- Experience developing and executing Golf & NFL -focused sponsorship activation plans at both the national (league) and individual team level.
- Experience in working to identify sports & entertainment talent fits for brand partnership activation (with competency in Golf + NFL athlete / influencer knowledge).
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skill
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for new media tech, emerging technologies, and social media
- Contribute to internal activities (team building, events, off-sites) and add to our robust culture
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.