Director of Creative Strategy
- 800 W Hill St, Charlotte, NC 28208, USA
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG Sports + Entertainment is looking for a Director of Creative Strategy to provide strong creative strategy for both our existing clients (brands across sports & entertainment) as well as ongoing new business.
Bridging between our team of consultants and content creators, you’ll be responsible for weaving better storytelling around our ideas and have a front row seat in selling them into our clients. You’ll be taking complex and sometimes disparate information and threading together simple, impactful and emotive work.
Put simply – you’ll help make our work better; from our strategic thinking to our creative ideation and ultimately through the presentation of our work.
- Strategic liaison with senior account leads across a key client to ensure the team’s contribution is at the level needed to maintain and grow relationship
- Key member of new business responses to include strategic upfront and creative ideation
- Development of strategy, creative ideation for new and existing clients that meet brand’s objectives with a focus on cultural trends and social landscape
- Focus on further developing existing client relationships by identifying areas where all disciplines within the content team can be utilized
- Provide inspiration and ongoing thought leadership across the agency on creative strategy, best practices and trends
- Help develop and nurture the creative culture within the agency
- 7-10 years of similar experience in a creative or brand strategy agency focused on taking complex and sometimes disparate information and threading together simple, impactful and emotive ideas.
- Experience in synthesizing research data into themes, findings and implications
- Expertise of the social media landscape and platforms. A driver of culture and strong desire to create bigger and better ideas
- Ability to manage long-term projects while being able to respond to real-time events and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to concept, articulate, and package ideas that are clear and strategically sound
- Affinity to work collaboratively, influencing key stakeholders and managing relationships across the organization
- Proven ability to deliver persuasive and compelling presentations to senior brand clients
We love smart, curious people with eclectic backgrounds who are culturally connected. Whilst we don’t need a sports fanatic, understanding sports fans’ behavior and mentality is important.
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.