Associate, Hospitality & Events
- 57 Greens Farms Rd, Westport, CT 06880, USA
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
This position will require the ability to plan, manage, and implement high-quality corporate hospitality events, with a primary focus on motorsports and/or golf events. Requires creative aptitude, exceptional organizational skills, and problem-solving associated with large-scale client events.
- Apply strategic marketing objectives and implement in event execution
- Advise clients on event strategies and project plan
- Represent client and company in negotiating and problem-solving with properties, venues and suppliers to deliver first-class experiences for guests
- Plan and execute site surveys
- Prepare and manage line-item budgets
- Manage event branding, collateral, on-site materials
- Negotiate with suppliers/venues
- Determine food and beverage and other on-site amenities/experiences and oversee ordering and implementation
- Conduct onsite management of corporate hospitality events, with a primary focus on motorsports and/or golf events
- Manage on-site vendors, oversee contractors, and enforce company and client policies during execution
- Create client-ready event recaps, event itineraries, and staffing plans
- Lead client conference calls and meetings and design and prepare communications and presentations
- Manage and communicate project status with manager, internal team and clients
- Identify opportunities for business growth and recommend new strategies to clients and company
- Evaluate event outcomes, identify areas for improvement, and provide going-forward strategy recommendations to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of relevant experience planning and implementing high-level corporate events and hospitality
- Agency experience is a plus
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and make high-value decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional client service and interaction skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Budget planning proficiency
- Ability to quickly take ownership of key program components and work with client and other agency partners
- Comfort in a client-facing role and ability to lead the client
- Candidate must possess strong computer skills with strengths in Microsoft Office Suite; Experience with Adobe creative programs and/or guest registration systems is a plus
- Organizational skills and solid project management experience
- Experience building presentations and delivering them
- Creativity and interest in trends in motorsports hospitality
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Personable with polished social setting skills
- Ability to travel frequently, both weekdays and weekends
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.