Account Manager, Sponsorship Consulting
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader Dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative, and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence, and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG Sports + Entertainment, Canada, is looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager to join a team that works across a broad portfolio of exciting Tier 1 client brands. As an AM, you will play a vital role in counseling clients on a variety of interesting challenges in the sponsorship marketing space.
- Lead the development and assessment of partnership opportunities, sponsorship strategies, and integrated marketing campaigns
- Effective at setting priorities, organizing daily workload, and contributing to resource planning
- Research, analyze and recommend ambassadors and influencers for client campaigns, events, and long-term partnerships
- Deliver competitive landscapes that identify strategic whitespace opportunities that align with client objectives
- Support in the negotiations and contract development of partnership agreements
- Day-to-day management of client accounts, including leading communications with clients, properties, and agents
- Identify industry best practices and provide recommendations for practical applications with our client partnerships and activations
- Participate in client brainstorms, creative briefs, and ideation of activation concepts
- Provide leadership on MKTG’s social channels and contribute to its digital platforms such as our blog
- Maintaining current and deep knowledge of the sponsorship/marketing industry
- Lead and New Business pitches, RFPs, and client presentation
The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect of working on award-winning sponsorship accounts and passionate about being part of a high-performing team in the growing sponsorship industry. You also look forward to sharing your confidence, thoughtfulness, eye for detail, and positive attitude with the team.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience (agency, brand, or rights-holder side)
- Interest in staying on the pulse of Influencer Marketing with demonstrable experience is an asset
- Knowledge across sports and entertainment landscape, and sponsorship marketing industry
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-starter, focused, self-motivated and ambitious
- Agile problem solver
- Strong organizational skills
- Culturally aware
- Talent for building strong relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept at speaking with and presenting to key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in French is an asset
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.