Supervisor, Global Finance Operations
- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Carat is an award-winning media agency with a command of media convergence used to optimize business performance for clients. Named #1 agency in all qualitative measures for 10 out of the last 11 RECMA reports, Carat redefines the level of ambition they have for media through an unparalleled capability to understand real people; their passions, motivations and behaviors, and uses this knowledge to ultimately deliver immersive media experiences on behalf of clients including GM, Microsoft, P&G, Pfizer and Diageo.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. iProspect is an agency of dentsu.
The Supervisor of Financial Operations ensures the AOR is operating at peak efficiency in accordance with approved policies and procedures. Working across the AOR team and overseeing optimized workflows / assignments. The Supervisor of Financial Operations also owns reporting processes, ensuring key stakeholders are updated with relevant information in a timely fashion and on a regular basis.
Financial & Corporate Accounting:
- Manage the monthly financial process and will work with Carat’s internal team (planning, activation, and billing team) as well as the client.
- Discuss reporting, questions related to billing, resolve variances in billed vs. planned, and close out quarterly PO’s 90 days after MOS
- Keep track and monitor active BCA/authorizations
- Compare billing against approved spend
- Ensure discrepancies are resolved within 90 days after MOS
- Provide timely, accurate and meaningful information and reports to AOR Leadership Team and to client
- Develop and Manage group operations systems and controls, policies and procedures
- Assist with internal and external audits
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients and the AOR Leadership Team
- Stay on top of business and client/agency concerns to head off issues early
- Invest time to investigate opportunities in order to provide better reporting and analysis support
- Ensure collaboration among all groups; fosters great teamwork
- Provide appropriate management updates and solicit feedback and direction when appropriate
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client/internal agency issues, changes in account status, etc.
- Actively keep current with industry trends, tools – systems, research, resources and associations
- Respond appropriately when presented with problems and issues
- Seek lasting solutions rather than quick fixes
- Ensure appropriate Finance/Accounting staff utilization
- Provide guidance to team members and nurture/promote team environment
- Train, motivate and develop assigned staff
- Construct and deliver accurate, honest and timely performance management documents
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Agency Media Operations – developing and managing process, policy and procedure
- Knowledge of accepted accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of auditing principles and practices
- Demonstrate and utilize strong systems and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong attention to detail, exhibit solid business instincts, and thrive in fast-paced environment
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.