Media Analytics Manager
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
Understanding data is about understanding people. And that is not easy. People are complicated and life gets messy. We think a lot of things; feel a lot of things; and do a lot of things. Just using one analytical tool or capability to understand all that - like most other agencies would - simply doesn't give the answers we need. To really get a true picture, we need to understand what people say about themselves (declared behavior); what they actually do (measured behavior); and, how they share that (social behavior). Merkle Canada does this and we love what we do.
Merkle Canada Inc., a business unit of dentsu, is looking to add an Analytics Manager to their evolving team to support a world class retail client. Reporting to the VP, Data Solutions & Client Success, the ideal candidate will have worked as a data analyst with experience within media at an agency, corporate, media research, or media owner environment. A willingness to learn and good, clear & confident communication skills are required. The ability to think outside of the box is welcomed.
- Develop presentations, overviews, and tactical POVs that explain in detail media performance results to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Have the ability to set up appropriate testing scenarios to determine key insights and answers to key business questions
- Observe, analyze and report on digital media campaigns and provide recommendations for optimization by acting as the connective tissue between media planning, media buying, and other engaged agencies for data, analytics and insights including:
- Campaign analysis
- Market Mix Models
- Social Analytics
- Media Optimization
- Site analysis
- Data driven decision making for media allocation
- Leverage the data and insights to bring strong data-driven thinking to media and creative touch-points. It will be important to integrate and work with any martech stack that the client has in place and help bring the customer journeys that have already been created to life. Experience with Google Analytics and Salesforce are strong assets.
- Leverage consumer and audience profiles using dentsu proprietary audience profiling tools and other behavioural data
- Work with Client to develop 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data segments to deliver against or exceed benchmarks during planning, optimizations and maintenance. Generation of insights informing optimal audience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a relevant role and willingness to manage others
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with SQL, Python, and/or Statistical programs such as R is a plus
- Strong knowledge of dashboarding solutions (Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau appreciated)
- Strong knowledge of the media planning and buying processes from pre planning to post-analysis.
- Hands on experience with third party tracking and reporting tools such as Google Campaign Manager (GCM), Search 360, Facebook, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Nielsen DAR, and MOAT including including a strong knowledge of advanced reports is an asset.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.