Associate, Sponsorship Consulting
- 7442 Jager Court, Cincinnati, OH
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG Sports + Entertainment is looking for a highly motivated Associate to join our Sponsorship Consulting team to work on one of our most important consumer packaged goods accounts. This will be a fast-paced role with multiple priorities, and we are looking for someone who is a solid time manager, multi-tasker, and strategic thinker.
This position will play a key role in managing strategic integrated brand marketing and activation campaigns with Fortune 500 companies and their leadership brands. You will work with clients, agency partners, and teammates to implement exceptional branded activation programs. Successful employees will approach unexpected challenges quickly and creatively.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Golf, NFL & Major League Soccer sponsorship landscape and experience developing and executing activation programs at both the league and individual team level. Interest in and experience with Major League Soccer and grassroots soccer is preferred. We’re looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working on award winning sponsorship accounts and passionate about being part of a high performing team and being integral to an achieving agency. You are also confident, motivated, have excellent attention to detail, and looking forward to working in the industry.
- Day-to-day management / support of client accounts
- Communicate with clients to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and collaboration
- Assist senior management with execution of official partnerships, ensuring use of all assets available to client
- Management and oversight of program budgets, logistics
- Collaborate with sanctioning bodies and rightsholders to help develop outstanding marketing partnerships
- Work with clients to ensure contractual relationships are fulfilled
- Write and develop key documents including activation plans and POV documents to client-ready status
- Work with client team to develop, present, and execute activation campaign recommendations
- Understand project budgets and manage costs following internal guidelines
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of the sponsorship/marketing industry
- Helping the team with New Business pitches, producing documents and client presentations
- Assisting in the development of creative ideas, undertaking research as requested and ensure ideas are possible to implement within specific parameters and budget
- Semi-frequent travel is required, including some weekends for client events
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (agency, brand, or rights-holder side)
- Experience developing and executing Golf, NFL & MLS-focused sponsorship activation plans at both the national (league) and individual team level.
- Experience in working to identify sports & entertainment talent fits for brand partnership activation (with competency in Golf + NFL + MLS athlete / influencer knowledge).
- Self-starter, focused, self-motivated, and ambitious
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Culturally aware and understanding of sport and entertainment landscape
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and creative programs
- Shows potential in developing compelling presentations and communications plans
- Ability to effectively speak/present in public
- Comfortable with budget and accounting processes, spreadsheets, and numbers
- Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt quickly to changes in program buildouts
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.