Account Director (Creative)
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
Dentsu mcgarrybowen is a global creative agency delivering idea-led brand transformation. We are a next generation global creative agency with 4,000 creative minds in 20 global markets. Dentsu mcgarrybowen delivers creative expertise and innovative global solutions for clients, applying big platform thinking to bring ideas to life and deliver world-class creative solutions to meet consumer touch points and work across geographies, cultures, and channels. It gives us great pride to work with the world's most iconic companies, including Ajinomoto, American Express, Asahi Breweries, Canon, Disney, Hershey, Kao, Marriott, Shiseido, Subway, The Coca-Cola Company, and Toyota.
As an Account Director, you will provide strategic oversight and direction on all client marketing activities related to a specific account or a group of accounts. You will lead a team of 2-3 direct reports and be accountable for the realization of (360) advertising and promotional campaigns. The entire agency team, including the client services, creation, production and development departments, will rely on your expertise and leadership throughout projects to assure appropriate distribution of resources, fluid communication and meeting deadlines.
- Managing the business – delivery of the service proposition to clients and full end to end management of the business of a specific account or a group of accounts.
- Relationship Management – ownership of the senior client relationships as per the defined relationship strategy for the client.
- Proactive Client Development – delivering against specific client cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Commercial and service ownership of client relationship – driving growth and profit and ensuring seamless delivery.
- Team Leadership – lead an integrated and motivated team around client objectives ensuring that teams are skilled up and resourced appropriately.
- Support with up-skilling as required and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Delivery of Performance Development reviews including development plans for direct reports; provide coaching to direct reports on a variety of topics on an ongoing basis.
- Objective setting and KPI tracking – defining objectives and related performance indicators and ensuring these are met.
- New Business – leadership of relevant new business initiatives
- Financials – ensuring the team and processes are in place to deliver streamlined reporting of financials
- Post-secondary education in administration/communications/marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in similar role.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Strong preference for QSR experience or automotive.
- Ability to articulate a strategic communications plan and develop recommendations to respond to client issues and needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in developing sustainable relationships with clients.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.