Jr. Art Director
- 7001 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MARYLAND
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress, and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, our clients, the industry, and our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative Jr. Art Director to create high-quality and effective advertisements for agency clients. Working in tandem with a Copywriter partner, you transform compelling and imaginative concepts into visual reality by developing work within channels that can include direct mail, emails, landing pages, display ads, social channels, and video. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and love the challenge of discovering what makes consumers "click." You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to create fresh, modern concepts.
- Generate clear, compelling ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter, working off of creative briefs that are provided
- Produce sketches; storyboard roughs to visualize ideas
- Develop visual solutions that are appropriate for each channel (e.g., direct mail vs. Facebook)
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positionings, and target audiences
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team to craftwork across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines, including making edits and facilitating routing
- Learn and apply proven principles to maximize response
- Present ideas to team members and possibly to clients
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Revise or redevelop ads or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team, or clients
- Help modify/make changes to existing work as requested by the clients
- Check-in with print production and digital development teams to make sure ideas are executable and on budget
- 1+ years of experience in design/art direction, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with partners.
- Hands-on experience with typography, color, layout/design, image selection, designing for various channels, and ideally some print production knowledge.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Effective at time management, prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight or changing timelines
An essential part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the most significant commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off and paid family leave.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.