Media Services Specialist (Display)
- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Media Services plans and serves display (or “banner”) ads across web, mobile, video (i.e. YouTube), and social media networks (i.e. Facebook). The purchasing of ad space is managed through a DSP (Demand Side Platform) where you can control the cost and placement of clients’ ads. The combination of creativity and strategic flexibility associated with display ads make them a powerful way for companies to reach potential customers. Media Services Specialists at Merkle focus on the planning and optimization of this media across these different channels. They focus primarily on display/banner ads and social, but also work with mobile DSP, video DSP and direct publisher (traditional planning) based buying. You will create dynamic advertising strategies by combining your strengths in planning, analysis and creativity to reach clients’ goals.
- Organize and be responsible for campaign setup and management across a variety of vendors and platforms
- Build trafficking sheets to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implement ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Manage ad budgets, including allocation of monthly budgets, tactic level budget optimizations, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis, and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Solicit media vendors (using RFPs) and evaluate publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Analyze campaign performance and provide optimization recommendations
- Maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred
- Experience working in DSPs preferred and Social Platforms (Facebook and Twitter) a must
- Experience in social SAAS platforms or SPMDsa plus
- Experience with digital ads trafficking (Campaign Manager, Sizmek, etc.) a plus
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client meetings & QBRs
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.