- 500 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI
- Employees can work remotely
Carat, a dentsu company, is a full service, award-winning agency. Curiosity, Creativity, and Collaboration guide our people to deliver communications solutions in an innovative and empowering work environment. The depth and scope of Carat’s offerings and ability to encompass all consumer touch points, gives us a unique ability to activate all expressions of a client’s brand. MediaPost Holding Company of the Year 2016, 2017 & 2020 and Adweek Media Agency of the Year 2015.
The Strategy Director will be a strategic partner to clients, as well as within planning, activation, and insights teams at Carat. They will bring to the table a strong point of view and critical thinking across audience insights, cultural & societal shifts, media trends, creative influences, business dynamics, connection context, and tech innovations that inform strong, channel agnostic strategic recommendations.
They will need to take proactive lead in the strategic planning process across multiple lines of business for a innovative automotive company, with the support of an Associate Director of Strategy and team. Part of your responsibility will be close collaboration within Carat and with external creative agencies and teams to ensure that strategies are inclusive of all disciplines and realized across functions.
A strong command of consumer understanding will be essential in developing insights that enable consumer-first planning. In addition, experience working in the automotive vertical OR a strong passion for automotove will be an asset in this position.
- Lead the development of client presentations and other important communication regarding strategic deliverables; delivering clear, compelling and persuasive communications to all stakeholders
- Collaborate with other team members and with related resources within Dentsu to identify opportunities to write and deliver communication strategies, breakthrough media plans, and award winning tactical ideas (e.g. platform idea, large sponsorship, partner with innovative technology)
- Facilitate brainstorms, think tanks and ideation session that drive creativity, innovation and idea generation
- Create and deliver category, media and other relevant trends to client, agency, and internal teams on a regular basis.
- Drive the strategies from a comms platform to tangible media first ideas that can be, but not essentially are, grounded in channel tactics
- Partner with Carat Insights team to connect audience insights to the strategic platform
- Develop a strong understanding and point of view of the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
- Deliver thought leadership that impacts the broader agency
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE OR CHARACTER TRAITS
- Background in Media Strategy
- Experience in automotive vertical
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in identifying opportunities, discerning a clear path forward and acting upon them swiftly
- A critical and curious mind, and the willingness to challenge the norms with the goal of getting to the right solution to each challenge
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.