Advanced Analytics - Lead Analyst
- 7001 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MARYLAND
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Advanced Analytics - Lead Analyst will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop technical solutions for business issues. Serves as a resource within area of expertise and provide guidance to more junior team members; may lead small teams on a project basis.
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Predictive statistical models
- Customer profiling
- Segmentation Analysis
- Survey Design and Analysis
- Data Analysis and Mining
- External Data Enhancement
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to future and existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Lead a team to complete large complex analytical project end to end
- Creation of best practices, case studies and training class materials should be encouraged.
- Could blend into MI or Data Scientist responsibilities
- Strong presentation skills required (PowerPoint)
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience with SAS or Python or R required
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain advanced analytical methodology and present results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Ability to translate analysis insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for digital and offline marketers
- Ability to create robust analytics solutions to optimize digital and offline marketing
- Must have project management experience
- 4-5 years of experience applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including strong understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Understanding of CRM and digital data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type web, ad, email, mobile, direct mail, etc.
- Development of specific expertise areas and sharing of that expertise through classes, white papers, articles, conference presentations, etc.
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Non-profit experience a plus.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.