Ruby on Rails Developer
- Remote, Houston, TX, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to help us build and support our platforms and services. This engineer plays a critical role in all aspects of Merkle’s Promotion and Loyalty Services software projects. They contribute to business requirements gathering, use case development, technical specification analysis, system design, and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, reviewing peer code, and providing support for large development projects.
- Problem solve through the careful application of technology and process
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable and reusable systems
- Improve and maintain the tools and processes in the software development pipeline
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, run-time instructions, training materials and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Design data models and write efficient queries in MySQL
- Collaborate in design and code reviews
- Maintain loyalty platforms and contribute to new features and custom client specifications
- Collaborate with wider Merkle Promotions and Loyalty teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Interact with internal and external clients to develop business and technical specification materials
- Competent with Version Control tools
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Enterprise class web application experience
- Experience and comfort working within an iterative Agile project management process
- Experience in automated software testing, real-time system integration, database programming, web programming, and cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- JAVA would be a plus
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.