- 7001 Columbia Gateway Dr, Columbia, MD 21046, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The Immigration Coordinator will be a part of dentsu’s Global Mobility team which combines “center of excellence” strategic guidance with operationally efficient management of dentsu’s global immigration. This position will assist the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation with the employee non-immigrant processes from start to finish for assigned dentsu capabilities. This role will strive to provide a supportive and streamlined experience to our employee population in close alignment with dentsu’s core values with an eye toward consistency and compliance
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- In this hands-on role, the Immigration Coordinator will work with current and prospective dentsu employees, the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation, Human Resources Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and external and internal legal counsel to ensure adherence to compliance, service level standards, and communication matters related to visa processing and immigration compliance
- Assisting the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation will provide support for assigned businesses to provide holistic and consultative services on available non-immigrant visa options, internal dentsu guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- Support dentsu employees with non-immigrant visa matters by, in coordination with the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation and external immigration counsel, ensuring all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas, are completed accurately and in a timely manner and by responding to visa and sponsorship related inquiries
- Working with the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation, provide ongoing case status reports to HR, employees and hiring managers as appropriate
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding various non-immigrant visa issues, including visa stamping, sponsorship letters, dentsu’s internal immigration policies, and other documentation and procedures related to immigration
- Assist with US visa sponsorship assessments for prospective employees in partnership with Talent Acquisition, the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation and dentsu external immigration counsel
- Assist the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation and external immigration counsel with audit and information requests from government entities including the US DOL and USCIS
- Assist with USCIS site visits, if necessary
- Track and maintain immigration files, including ensuring accuracy of Public Access Files, and monitoring of critical deadlines to proactively identify risks or issues
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement to ensure scalability
- Continually update immigration resources (FAQs, intranet content, communications) to promote self-service
- Monitor immigration alerts, regulatory changes and development and communicate to the Director, U.S. Immigration & Expatriation, and assist in preparing communications for appropriate stakeholders as needed
Work with others on the Immigration & Global Mobility team to support large scale projects, including writing or deploying communications, executing case filing strategies with outside immigration counsel, providing reports/dashboards to stakeholders on project or program progress, I-9 compliance, and E-Verify
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively toward mutual objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with proven success establishing collaborative relationships with individuals at all levels and in all parts of the organization;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Ability to exercise judgment and commitment to confidentiality and discretion where appropriate;
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and ability to prioritize many tasks while completing them with accuracy and efficiency;
- Clear and precise oral and written communication skills;
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred
- Basic knowledge of US immigration and visas is a plus
- E-Verify and I-9 experience preferred
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.