Senior Associate, Planning
- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
A global agency network, dedicated to our clients’ long term, sustainable growth. We deliver growth through fully integrated solutions and are powered by Dentsu Group’s best-in-class media, data, technology and content capability. Across the world we work hand in hand with our clients’ other agencies, and tap into our vast landscape of innovators, from tech giants to upstart startups.
Dentsu’s integrated network of agencies is purpose-built to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. To champion meaningful progress with and for our clients, we are organized in a way that puts our clients and their customers at the center of everything that we do. Our connected tools, products and capabilities are focused on delivering human-centric, integrated solutions -- seamlessly bringing together all of the creativity, media and CXM expertise of our network in service of both growth & good.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The Media Planner is the day-to-day focal point to the account. Media Planners are expected to have day-to-day responsibility for assigned accounts and are expected to have an understanding of the client’s overall business and marketing objectives. Media Planners steward the tactical communications planning process and provide mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or client.
Communications Planning and Execution:
- Aids in the creation of client media communication plan objectives and strategies
- Creates and maintains media plans, flowcharts, buying guidelines, testing plans & results analysis, budget summaries, plan delivery and competitive reports
- Provide input into existing and emerging communications opportunities relevant to assigned brand/category
- Writes POVs as needed and evaluate new media types / outlets
- Support Communications Planning Supervisor in the collection and evaluation of syndicated consumer and media consumption information
- Compiles reports of competitive market/media information for each brand/category
- Support ACPD/CPS as a facilitating contact point for client’s internal media staff and the primary contact point to client’s brand staff when media issues are discussed
- May oversee the work of Assistant Communication Planners, ensuring that all deliverables are error free before they are submitted to Supervisors/clients
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Manage day-to-day client interaction
- Handle expectations of clients and deliverables
- Assist Supervisor in advising clients on the best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs
- Assist Supervisor in growing business opportunities within current clients
- May be responsible for informing client/team of new opportunities or issues
- Participates and leads, if appropriate, face to face client and vendor meetings
- Builds positive relationships with internal and external teams and sets good example for assistant level
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of communications/media planning experience
- Thorough understanding of the media process, media department and inter-department relationships
- Knowledge of MediaTools
- Thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; can adapt plans due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum
- Strong analytical skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.