Account Manager - Business Operations
- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. Part of dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include dentsuX powered by 360i, Carat, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
As the Account Manager – Business Operations, you will support our Dentsu global resource affiliate program, a strategic position by Dentsu to leverage media talent both on and offshore, which allows our company to offer more effective, efficient, and scaled solutions to our clients. You will be responsible for serving as the primary liaison between the Dentsu Media Service Line and our offshore affiliate digital operations team, ensuring that supported clients are receiving committed services on time and with high quality. This position is responsible for leading efforts to work with the digital operations and account teams to scope, implement and execute against a scope of services (such as media planning and buying), and ensure stability and effectiveness on an ongoing basis. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Business Operations.
In addition, and as needed, you will support Agency initiatives/projects on other managed programs in Operations.
Account Manager – Business Operations Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with account teams and global partners to successfully onboard new tasks to offshore resources
- Facilitate onboarding new offshore resources to their account teams
- Serve as point of contact for escalation between the offshore and account teams and assist with issue resolution
- Monitor reporting and program health, ensuring optimal allocation of resources across the program
- Provide recommended corrective action for identified issues, including root cause analysis and post-mortem exercises
- Update any process or other documentation to align with the current state of the account and/or program
- Maintain communication with global partners and account teams on an ongoing basis
- Drive standardization and efficiency initiatives across all accounts, with the goal of increasing scalability and adoption of similar tasks across accounts
- Proactively identify potential issues and opportunities for improvement/standardization to both increase scalability and error-proof tasks to mitigate the potential for issues
- Assist with creation of marketing and communications efforts to evangelize the offshore team’s successes and expand into new accounts
- Identify areas to expand the breadth of the engagement to meet specific needs of the business and deliver value to the account teams
- Proactively identify and develop processes to increase efficiency and scalability
- Create process documentation and related assets necessary for the ongoing success, stability, and scalability of the global resourcing program
- Coordinate globally with global partners to clarify ways of working, and assist with development of a global standard to be applied across all partners
- Support senior leadership with internal reporting, including:
- Assist with report creation and KPI tracking
- Manage cyclical audits
- Evaluation and ongoing improvement efforts to ensure program stability and efficiency
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business or Operations
- 2-5 years’ experience in media, recruiting, project management, or a related field
- Works well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral
- Adept at managing expectations as it relates to scope and delivery of service
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to meet common goals
- Experience with process documentation – high attention to detail
Desired (not required):
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Project management experience/certifications (CSM, PMP)
- Strong media background and familiarity with multiple media channels particularly in the areas of digital/search
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.