Director, Broadcast and Content
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
Dentsu Studios is the production unit of dentsu Canada, with offices in Toronto and Montreal.
Whether the ask is specialized, scaled, local or global, dentsu Studios is designed to make the never-before possible. By combining craftsmanship and technology on every project, we deliver work that inspires and converts.
Dentsu Studios is looking for a Director, Broadcast and Content to join our team. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be an integral member of the production leadership team by overseeing agency and post-production, including managing a team of full-time and freelance producers and editors. You thrive on the creation and flawless delivery of award-winning work and embrace collaboration and problem-solving in a high-performance environment.
- Oversee a team of in-house and freelance producers and ensure budgets and schedules are properly created and managed
- Oversee a team of in-house and freelance editors and ensure that the creative vision is delivered on each ask
- Liaise with senior production leadership team to plan, staff, and expand on production best practices and processes
- Collaborate with senior business and creative leads to define overall brand production needs as well as determine executional requirements
- Consult on new business opportunities
- Hire, develop and mentor producers, editors, and content creators
- Source and secure new production resources and delivery experts in the execution of small and large-scale broadcast and content productions to add to our roster of external talent
- Enhance the overall quality of post-production offering by sourcing new equipment, platforms, and processes
- Oversee the job opening, billing, and closing of all production and post-production jobs across the organization
- Manage all financial metrics related to broadcast and content project department
- Deliver high-quality executions whilst always searching for new options that maximize efficiencies for our clients
- 10+ years of experience in project management, leadership, and operations management
- A strong leader and a team player who understands how to work effectively in a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Process-driven with strong financial acumen
- Management of in-house and freelance teams
- Able to analyze and distill complex information to other team members
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Established relationships with local and out-of-province production partners
- Strong knowledge of talent (ACTRA, UDA, SAG) and music licensing (CFM)
- Agency background preferred
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results.
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.