Sr. UI Engineer
- 6601 College Boulevard, Sixth Floor, Overland Park, KS, United States
- Employees can work remotely
About DEG, a Merkle Company
Digital is in our DNA. Since our founding in 1999, DEG has become one of the fastest-growing agencies in the country. A member of Dentsu, we are a global, full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help national and global brands meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to grow their digital presences, we were born here.
Our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways of doing things, and new and better things to do for our clients. The result is consistently being named one of the best places to work.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?
DEG, a Merkle Company is seeking a talented Senior UI engineer / front-end developer to collaborate with and contribute to dynamic team building solutions (like this and this). Great opportunity to work with a top-notch team building responsive user interfaces across a variety of technologies. Fun, best-idea-wins culture that caters to the aggressive learner who wants to have influence.
Considered one of the best jobs in the company, team members are heavily involved in shaping the industry, having spoken on various topics at SXSW, HTML5 Dev Conf, and CSS Dev Conf. Our UI engineers must be self-motivated, have a discerning eye in regards to quality and tuned in to emerging practices. Read more about our team or check out some of our recent blog posts for more information:
- Progressive Web Apps Are Here And They're Changing Everything
- Augmented Reality: A Way to Change Your World
- Headless Architecture: Moving Digital Experiences Forward
- Work collaboratively with BA's, Designers, Engineers, and other project team members to help deliver high quality design, business, and strategic outcomes
- Act as a Lead and escalation point for other developers on projects inclusive of solutioning, sprint planning, ticket delegation, code review, and guidance
- Be an active member of the UI team and contribute to internal tools and team processes through independent research and hands-on development
- Provide project level estimates and maintain an awareness of the budget throughout the project lifecycle
- Assess design direction/business requirements for feasibility and possible implementation and performance issues
- Maintain design integrity across various screens, devices, and CMS use cases
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines and commitments
- 5+ years of demonstrated, professional front-end experience
- The ability to collaborate across teams & build professional relationships with managers, peers, and stakeholders
- A willingness to continually learn diverse technologies, techniques and front-end topics
- Experience leading Associate & Mid-level developers on projects
- A working knowledge of browser/client discrepancies and supported features
- Knowledge of website performance considerations and performance tooling
- Knowledge of accessibility and WCAG standards
- Experience in modular web development, preferably Atomic Design and Storybook
- Experience with CSS tooling such as CSS Modules, PostCSS, Sass, or Less
- Experience with Webpack or similar build tools and module bundlers
- Experience with Headless Architecture and the Server-Client Rendering Spectrum
- Experience with JAMstack, Next.js, and GraphQL
- Familiarity with various Content Management Systems including Sitecore, Contentful and/or Adobe Experience Manger
- An interest in sharing your contributions and teaching others through team meetings, code reviews, blogging, and presenting
- Multiple health plan options, including supplemental insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability plans with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Fully paid leave for new parents, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave with financial assistance
- Additional paid-leave options, like military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave for those who experience a natural disaster affecting themselves or their immediate family
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with auto-enrollment and a company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including soda, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottle beer for our weekly Beer:30
DEG, a Merkle Company is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.