Senior Brand Strategist
- 101 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Character is a San Francisco and New York-based brand strategy and design agency building and partnering with some of the world's most renowned and revered brands, including Nike, Netflix, Instagram and Tom Ford. We're also known for our expertise in launching new businesses and brands - many of our clients are early-stage companies with inspiring visions to change the lives of their consumers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can succeed. We embed diversity in our mindset, in our products, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Character is an agency of dentsu.
Character is seeking a Senior Brand Strategist to join our studios in New York and San Francisco. Our Strategy team defines brands from the ground up, working more upstream in the decision-making process for both emerging start-ups and established companies.
As the Senior Strategist, you’ll work closely with internal teams and senior clients to bring a fresh perspective to the table and uncover truths/find insights that authentically ground a brand and identify its whitespace. You’ll dive deep into exploring cultures, categories, and people across different industries and contexts and present your strategies back to key clients.
You’ll be gathering complex and sometimes disparate information to thread together simple, clear, impactful, and emotive brand stories. You’ll partner with other Strategists and collaborate with our Creative teams (writers and designers) to translate brand positioning into visual and verbal implications and principles. The Senior Brand Strategist will report to the Strategy Director in SF.
We want to hear from you if you…
- Have 3+ years of experience in Brand Strategy, Creative Strategy, and/or Design Strategy
- Can write, research, and analyze information to create brand positioning and other brand elements (e.g. purpose, beliefs, behaviors)
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Are a voracious reader and consumer of culture
- Have strong presentation/workshop facilitation abilities and can lead clients through an argument or point-of-view
- Thrive by working with closely and collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Enjoy being hands-on in the work, creating strategy deliverables and/or guiding the work of more junior strategists
- Are comfortable reviewing and/or conducting primary research
- Are proactive, organized, and can manage multiple moving projects at once
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.