- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
As a healthcare communications agency, we provide leading pharmaceutical companies with expertise in the development of marketing strategies/tactics and educational initiatives that meet the ethical requirements of relevant regulatory associations. Our clients range from mid to large pharmaceutical companies, covering a diverse selection of prescription and non-prescription products.
Working as part of a brand team, your primary role will be to research and write a wide range of educational and promotional materials for prescription pharmaceutical products. Relying on your strong scientific background and research skills, you will be expected to become an “expert” in a diverse range of therapeutic areas and contribute your ideas as part of our strategic planning process. You will also interact with our Client Service and Creative teams to ensure that final written materials are scientifically accurate and meet the appropriate regulatory requirements. With experience, your duties would also include working directly with clients and acting as a liaison with physicians.
- Develop knowledge of assigned products and therapeutic areas to be able to distill complex medical information into clear, understandable language that appeals to a range of audiences.
- Write, self-edit and update new and existing medical materials, researching and referencing as required, including but not limited to marketing campaigns, websites, reports, presentations, and other digital and print collateral materials
- Proofread layouts to verify that all copy has been included and all imagery are medically and scientifically accurate.
- Submit and reference all content in client submission/referencing systems (Medical/Legal/Regulatory review [Veeva, PromoMats, GCMA, etc.]).
- Develop a knowledge of the requirements of various pharmaceutical regulatory bodies in Canada and liaise with external regulators and internal agency partners to ensure the work meets the needs of the brand and client.
- Leverage critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including assisting with medical literature research, in preparation for defense in regulatory review.
- Work within a brand team to develop innovative solutions to solve brand and market challenges.
- Undertake special projects as required.
- 1–2 years pharma experience required (including co-op placements).
- University Degree in Health Science, Biology, or related field.
- A passion for science and medicine.
- A keen interest in marketing and advertising.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- A detail-oriented, organized work style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Previous pharmaceutical or agency experience is a strong asset, but not required.
- French is an asset, but not required.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.