Senior Medical Specialist
- 1 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5J 2P1, Toronto, Canada
As a healthcare communications agency, we provide leading pharmaceutical companies with expertise in the development of marketing strategies and tactics, as well as medical educational initiatives that meet the ethical requirements of relevant regulatory associations. Our clients range from mid to large pharmaceutical companies, covering a diverse selection of prescription and non-prescription products that span multiple therapeutic areas.
Working to help lead multiple brand teams, your primary role will be to guide and mentor a team of medical writers in researching and developing content for a wide range of educational and promotional materials for prescription pharmaceutical products. Relying on your strong leadership, scientific background, and research skills, you will be expected to be an “expert” in a diverse range of therapeutic areas and contribute your ideas as part of the overall strategic planning and business development process. You will also interact with other departments at the agency (incl. Client Service and Creative teams) to ensure that final materials are scientifically accurate and meet the appropriate regulatory requirements. Further to this, you will work directly with clients and act as a liaison with healthcare providers to meet deliverables and provide senior-level support and service.
- Be a key point of contact for clients from a Medical perspective, with a focus on providing senior-level support and service.
- to be able to distill complex medical information into key selling messages that help to achieve brand goals.
- Help to lead a team of medical writers on assigned brands to research, write, reference, and update promotional and educational materials, including but not limited to marketing campaigns, websites, reports, presentations, and other digital and print collateral materials.
- Research, write, self-edit, reference and update promotional and educational materials, as needed, for high-level strategic initiatives.
- Disseminate knowledge of the requirements of various pharmaceutical regulatory bodies in Canada, and partner with medical writers to liaise with external regulators and internal agency partners to ensure the work meets the needs of the brand and client.
- Provide strategic direction to internal and external teams and guide the development of innovative solutions to solve brand, market, and regulatory challenges.
- Proofread layouts from a senior-level perspective to verify that all content and imagery are medically and scientifically accurate.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to Medical Associates and Specialists in collaboration with the Medical Management team.
- Focus on driving business development by sharing ideas and tactics on assigned brands.
- Undertake special projects and travel, as required.
- University Degree in Health Science, Biology, or related field.
- 3 years+ previous pharmaceutical or agency experience within a medical division (e.g., medical education, medical affairs, or similar).
- A passion for science and medicine with a keen interest in marketing and healthcare communications.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and research skills.
- Detailed knowledge of the PAAB Code and Ad Standards Guides, as well as other regulatory/ethical standards applicable to healthcare product advertising in Canada.
- A solutions-driven, detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful work style.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to meet deliverables.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset, but not required.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.