Senior Digital Media Planner
- 800 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Digital Media Planner will provide leadership to ensure clients’ needs and requirements are met. They will oversee campaign planning, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for a set of top tier client relationships. They will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs.
Furthermore, the Digital Media Planner will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. They will attend client meetings and actively take part in presentations.
- Act as a primary client contact, understanding client goals and optimizing success through research and analysis
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Present proposals with media and cost schedules to clients
- Manage all facets of campaign execution by working with Assistant Media Planners
- Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
- Manage, review, and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets
- Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
- Delegate and oversee responsibilities/assignments appropriate for Assistant Media Planners
- Promote positive working relationships within the department, the company, and the vendor community
- Provide strategic guidance to the media planning team
- Provide consultative strategic direction to your accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years in digital media and planning
- Hands-on experience with DCM/Campaign Manager
- Possess demonstrable experience working in both B2B and B2C environments (specific client experience within the technology sector is a plus)
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual who is a self-starter and keen to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Kantar, Comscore, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.