- Vasteland 74, 3011 BN Rotterdam, Netherlands
We are Merkle
Merkle is a leading Customer Experience Management (CXM) agency. Our smart and driven experts - from marketing consultant, advertising specialist, art director, data analyst to campaign manager - help the finest brands and companies create irresistible personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices that deliver what customers want, expect and sometimes even surprises them. We combine CRM, Media and Creativity to make marketing truly people-based. Always driven by data, enabled by technology, proven by performance, and fuelled by creativity.
Merkle has more than 12.000 employees 50 branches and is part of dentsu. With more than 285 people we work together in our offices in Amsterdam and Rotterdam for leading customers such as Microsoft, T-Mobile, ASML, HEMA, Marktplaats, Leen Bakker, VodafoneZiggo, NS and Signify. We are strategic partner of Google, Adobe, Salesforce, Bol.com and Selligent.
We are recognised and trendsetting. For years we have achieved high scores in the Emerce 100, making us one of the best companies in e-business. We are a frontrunner in the field of talent development and have been awarded the TMA Talent Award and Quality Mark Talent Development. This is important to us and we are proud of it.
Together with our people, our customers, and our partners, we build lasting relationships. Always as one team and 100% transparent.
In support of Merkle’s ambitious growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are developing the region’s IT capability. As well as delivering exceptional operational services we have a growing number of important projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the Merkle IT infrastructure and business systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Systems Engineer to join the Merkle NL IT team, whilst we are in a period of transformation and modernization. We are looking for someone with the energy and drive to support and assist the IT teams to integrate and migrate technology solutions into Merkle’s global standards and align to their strategic vision.
Your Expertise and Responsibilities include
- 5 years or more experience working in IT operations for a global organization;
- Strong ability to prioritize and plan accordingly;
- Previous experience working in a transformational environment within a Global organization;
- Developing and utilizing Change and Incident Management processes/practices;
- Providing 24/7 support for assigned Information Technology platforms;
- Take ownership on delivery of client hosting solutions in line with Merkle’s cloud hosting architecture;
- Give input on best practice security and industry architecture solution design.
Who we are looking for:
- The suitable candidate will possess circa 5+ years of experience implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment;
- Within this, circa 2 years in a support role with a good understanding of end-user, network, security, hosting & data centre technologies;
- Demonstrable ability to engage all stakeholders in a positive, productive manner;
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent;
- Possess dynamic, hands-on technology experience with an emphasis on solution delivery and platform optimizations;
- Proven ability to understand client/stakeholder needs and transform them into world-class solutions that meet/exceed their respective expectations;
- Ambition to improve IT service levels and be a point of escalation.
Some specifics we require
- Well-versed in Linux and Windows server technologies;
- Working experience of cloud IAAS platforms (AWS) including support, best practices, security principles -combined with migration experience;
- Create SOP and technical documentation;
- A detailed understanding of cloud services, enterprise applications, security be design, lifecycle management, advanced troubleshooting, and integration across various technology stacks in a hybrid, multi cloud architecture;
- At least 3+ years of Active Directory experience;
- At least 1 year of AWS cloud services delivery and or support experience (Azure and / or GCP would be beneficial);
- Experience working with and understanding the following technologies: Jira, Confluence, PasswordState, Databases.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.