Director, Data Science
- 1075 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6E 3C9, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Cardinal Path, a brand within the Dentsu Aegis Network is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing consultancy firm. We are focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients and affiliations include brands such as Google, Microsoft, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Asics and hundreds of others. Cardinal Path’s mission is: “To know. To Share. To be our Partners’ competitive advantage”. Our company strives for a culture that reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness and happiness in everything we do.
The Director of Data Science will provide support for the Group Director in the daily management of new and existing team members, which could include managers and analysts at all levels. You are responsible for managing your team with guidance, oversight and counsel from the Group Director. You are expected to partner with Directors in some client communications and will be evaluated on your relationship building capabilities both internally within Cardinal Path as well as externally with clients, partners, vendors, contractors, etc. work may include ad-hoc analysis of raw data, high level model development, research into emerging analytics trends, presentation development, as well as technology research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
- Mentoring/managing Data Science team members
- Partner with your Group Director to educate clients on the value of adding Data Science products to their business, capturing & defining needs and solutions
- Synthesize business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models around.
- Assess data for validity in terms of predictive capabilities, required feature engineering, opportunities for data widening, or alignment to business requirements
- Develops, implements, and supports methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
- Build cooperative, productive relationships with clients and vendors by utilizing excellent communication skills, while also interacting effectively internally and externally.
- Research, prototype, and explore future, non-standard analytics approaches that push the limits of current analysis output. This will include exploring novel machine learning techniques which enable our teams to tackle segmentation, clustering, and predictive models used in a wide variety of areas.
- Bachelor’s degreein Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis or related
- 5+ years’ experience as an Analyst / Data Scientist
- 2+ years’ of managerial and leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of R, Python or SAS for model development
- Previous experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics
- Extensive experience with statistical modelling techniques
- Experience connecting Tableau or other visualization systems and using for dashboarding or analysis
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams
What will make you stand out:
- Previous experience with marketing analytics including database marketing techniques, campaign lift, attribution and media mix modelling
- Familiarity with analyzing data for digital marketing and ecommerce, as well as all other non-digital aspects of a business
- SQL skills
- A solid knowledge of ETL tools
- Understanding of how to deal with larger data sets and parallel computing problem
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.