Associate UI Email Developer
- 6601 College Boulevard, Sixth Floor, Overland Park, KS, United States
- Employees can work remotely
About DEG, a Merkle Company
Digital is in our DNA. Since our founding in 1999, DEG has become one of the fastest-growing agencies in the country. A member of Dentsu, we are a global, full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help national and global brands meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to grow their digital presences, we were born here.
Our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways of doing things, and new and better things to do for our clients. The result is consistently being named one of the best places to work.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?
At DEG, a Merkle Company we embrace new ways of connecting with consumers—harnessing creativity, strategy, and technology to craft data-driven, creatively led, and customer-centric experiences that resonate at the point of greatest impact.
As a 17-year Salesforce Marketing Cloud Partner and the only three-time Marketing Cloud Partner of the Year, DEG’s full-service team is versed in all Marketing Cloud technologies, including Audience Studio (DMP), Journey Builder, Social Studio, Ad Studio, Integration Studio, and Datorama. Our digital marketing expertise has empowered clients such as AMC Theatres, Hallmark, and Gap Inc. to achieve their goals and objectives through smarter digital strategies.
DEG, a Merkle Company is seeking a talented Email Developer to be part of a specialized team responsible for building high-quality email communications for a variety of clients. You ll be working together with Designers, Strategists, and Campaign Specialists to build visually pleasing, recurring and triggered emails that enhance the user experience of our marketing programs. Successful applicants will be highly skilled with current email development best practices while keeping a discerning eye on industry trends.
- Build, maintain, and optimize HTML + CSS email templates based on creative designs using best practices and optimizing for various screens, devices and desktop clients
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to project teams to help deliver high quality design, business, and strategic outcomes
- Be an active member of the UI Email team and help improve team skills, tools, and processes
- Provide project level estimates and maintain an awareness of the budget throughout the project lifecycle
- Assess design direction/business requirements for feasibility and possible implementation and performance issues
- Test and troubleshoot technical issues for email campaigns across multiple platforms, browsers and email clients
- Maintain design integrity across various screens, devices, and email clients
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines and commitments
- 1-2 years of demonstrated, professional email development experience
- The ability to collaborate across teams & build professional relationships with managers, peers, and stakeholders
- Willingness to continually learn diverse technologies, techniques and front-end topics
- Knowledge of responsive, fluid, hybrid, and mobile-first email development techniques
- Willingness to continually learn and work across desktop and mobile browsers and email clients
- Highly skilled with HTML, CSS, other emerging email/web technologies
- Familiarity with email development within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with Interactive Email and AMP for email
- Strong interest in the email development space
- Working knowledge of testing processes and common testing tools for email development (such as Litmus, Email on Acid, etc)
- An interest in sharing your contributions and teaching others through team meetings, code reviews, blogging, and presenting
- Interest in email marketing best practices and industry trends
- Eye for design, layout, and attention to detail
- Multiple health plan options, including supplemental insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability plans with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Fully paid leave for new parents, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave with financial assistance
- Additional paid-leave options, like military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave for those who experience a natural disaster affecting themselves or their immediate family
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with auto-enrollment and a company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including soda, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottle beer for our weekly Beer:30
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.