- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Copywriter who brings the ideal mix of curiosity and writing chops, along with a deep understanding of design trends, marketing principals and cultural issues. The successful candidate will articulate and champion the key values underpinning the strategic and creative execution of our clients’ accounts. gyro copywriter's are collaborative, innovative and visionary and have a passion for creating work that is humanly relevant.
As a copywriter you will work across mixed-discipline teams creating ideas for a wide variety of projects. From branding, advertising to content, pitches and identity and naming assignments you will be challenged continually. You should be able to be a self-starter, nimble in respect to pivots and changes in plans and be able to work collaboratively with your teammates to create some of the highest quality work in the category.
- Understand the strategic business intent of specific projects and audience/customer goals.
- Work with Strategy and Account to develop strategic and creative approaches, then lead the creative process through all phases.
- Creatively support Creative Directors on new business and special projects, including relationship development and presentations.
- Continually develop new ways to inspire and harness creative thinking.
- Generate and cultivates useful and usable ideas across existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Actively train and mentor all levels of creative talent, helping develop their skills and performance.
- Act as a career manager and is responsible for providing annual reviews, onboarding new employees, and coaching for both soft and hard skills.
- Working with the Executive Creative Director and Creative Directors to raise the bar on the agency’s creative product - both traditional/B2B and digital
- Lead efforts to develop creative concepts and executes within a cross-disciplinary team.
- Set creative direction and provide hands-on guidance throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop solutions that have a positive impact on our clients’ businesses and a positive cultural impact for the target.
- A minimum of 2 years agency experience within marketing and advertising
- Client facing experience preferably with some B2B background
- Must have an online portfolio of work
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign and XD for copy, an understanding of social platforms and their capabilities and the Microsoft Office suite of solutions.
- A professional attitude with a solid track record of smart, award-winning work, showing a strong skill set on the conceptualization of the clients’ journey
- A self-motivated mindset and the desire to go above and beyond a client’s deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Passion and energy, along with a ‘can do’ attitude
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.