Media Analytics Manager
- St Katharine's Way, London, UK
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The Media Science team within our Marketing Analytics Department is growing. We’re on the lookout for Media Data Analysts to help drive performance on our clients marketing campaigns.
As a Media Data Analyst, you’ll be part of our industry-leading Analytics department. You will work closely with clients to understand their business needs and supporting them to improve their analytics strategy, you’ll use web analytics data, media data and an in-depth knowledge of Merkle capabilities to identify efficiencies and untapped growth opportunities.
Your role will involve designing and deploying mapped data sets across a client’s marketing channels, analysing and generating insights from their data, and driving positive change across their business. We use a variety of tools to facilitate this, including Google Big Query, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, Adobe alongside our own proprietary tools. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of these, as we’ll provide full training, but any previous experience will be looked upon favourably!
Above all, you will seek to understand how prospective customers engage with marketing and use these insights to help optimise the media they invest in and align their cross-channel strategy.
Working with us you could be working on any or all of the below. Our Media Data Analysts work across a spectrum of different tasks within the business be it modelling data, analysing it, manipulating, interpreting, or looking for insights within it to impact marketing campaigns.
Life as a Media Analytics Manager at Merkle
You could be involved in any of the below:
- Analysing media data to build data-driven attribution models to support marketing decisions and budget allocation
- Development of structured incrementality tests for measuring campaign and media effectiveness
- Creation and activation of audiences, using a combination of client’s 1st and 3rd party data
- Development of data strategies to enable cross-platform analysis and measurement.
- Building/maintaining marketing mixed models and using these to forecast & optimize marketing performance
- Leading small teams of analysts on client projects with responsibility for driving the analytics roadmap
As you grow into your role, we will look to you to drive our best practices and processes in your area of expertise. Innovation is the lifeblood of our company: we’re always open to individuals pursuing their interests to create a new, valuable offerings for our clients.
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop our in-house talent, thereby offering the successful candidate a fulfilling and long-lasting career.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
We’re mainly looking for someone who loves data and is passionate about digital marketing and having a role that combines both, but we do have a few key things this candidate must have, others are just a bonus:
- Circa 4 years’ experience working with SQL, R or Python
- Circa 3+ years’ experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics in a previous analytical role
- Stakeholder management: The ability to engage clients, instigate and monitor change management within the organisation as needed
- Experience working with/managing clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire for continuous knowledge improvement
- Previous people management experience – day to day + performance/progression
- Previous Media experience would be preferred
- Knowledge/experience of Google Marketing Platform (Google Ads, Campaign Manager…)
- Understanding of statistics and modelling techniques such as Attribution, Regression
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Datorama or any BI visualisation tool
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.