- 235 W 12 St, Cincinnati, OH
- Employees can work remotely
gyro is a global B2B creative agency, delivering idea-led brand transformation at scale. We deliver creative expertise and innovative global solutions for clients. Applying big platform thinking, we bring ideas to life and deliver world-class creative solutions to meet consumer touch points and work across geographies, cultures and channels.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. gyro is an agency of dentsu and part of Merkle B2B.
We are looking for a content editor with the ability to edit web content for various B2B audiences, including those in the financial services industry. You’ll be able to find human relevance in all things, from customer experience to investment management. We need a creative nerd who may also write content as needed.
You can tell a cohesive, engaging story from start to finish. That means writing and editing web pages and other content formats, brainstorming content topics, pitching concepts internally and externally, leading internal discussions, guiding conversations with clients, establishing relationships and taking ownership of every word that hits the screen.
You’ll edit copy from kick-off to completion, primarily for digital content including websites, sales enablement and social channels. This includes but is not limited to editing copy for web pages, articles, customer stories, testimonials, presentations, social posts and videos.
Will manage writers, report to content director, and work with senior creatives and UX/UI, as well as strategy, account and project management teams to bring pieces to life online and in layout.
- Lead and manage writers to shape and improve copy, incorporating brand voice/tone, style guides, SEO strategy and keywords and existing content strategy. Work with writers to nurture their skills and help them master the craft of writing for a B2B financial services audience.
- Add to usage guide of existing a new nuanced terms and editorial rules that haven’t been documented yet.
- Partner with UX/UI and senior creatives to ensure content comes to life in design and layout on web.
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible.
- Ensure that projects stay on-task and on-brief.
- Inspire yourself and others to produce work beyond what you thought possible.
- Collaborate with content director, content strategy, and senior art personnel to ensure creation of consistent, on-strategy and original content.
- Detect any vital disconnects and works with writers and senior creative personnel to mitigate them as the piece develops.
- Deliver work to senior creative, project management, and/or account personnel, as well as clients.
- Maintain communication with project managers concerning status of jobs.
- Create and complete projects on time within budget and word- or page-count constraints.
- 5-6 years of related work experience in similar editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content development role, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Web writing and editing experience required.
- Other short-form (social, video, e-mail) and long-form (white paper, e-book) content experience also preferred.
- Knowledge of AP, MLA and Chicago Manual of Style preferred.
- Portfolio will reflect writing for breadth of industries. Financial services writing and editing experience highly preferred. Healthcare, manufacturing, tech/IT experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package.
- Gather Content platform experience a plus.
- English fluency
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.