- 500 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI
- Employees can work remotely
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of campaigns and providing direction and development to Media Coordinators and Media Assistants. Account Manager's will work closely with the other members of the client service organization to ensure success on client campaigns from across the Dentsu Network of agencies including Carat, DentsuX, and iProspect. The Associate is the steward of the tactical negotiations, buying and implementation process and provides mid-level strategic recommendations to the planning team that will be presented to brand clients. The role will include both client service responsibilities and hands-on-keyboard campaign management.
- Act as the day-to-day internal client contact responsible for communicating pace and performance, optimizations, troubleshooting, campaign launches, and reporting
- RFP management and communication, Account Manager will work closely with Sr. Manager/Supervisor to provide clients with strategic cross channel recommendation
- Analyze data, interpret, and communicate insights from multiple sources to make complex optimizations to enhance pace and performance
- Troubleshoot campaign set up, tag management, brand safety set up, performance and pace fluctuations
- Contribute to strategic growth of account through generating insights and operational/technology-driven efficiencies
- Develop presentation creation and communication skills
- Support the compilation of key deliverables for wrap up reporting including reporting and analysis, insights, and visualization
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze audience data and activate against them cross channel across multiple platforms
- Accountable for partner communication and deliverables including managing IOs, fees, discrepancies, and reconciliation
Media Buying and Execution:
- Contribute to the negotiation process with site vendors, based on individual Brand needs (as defined by Brief, DBA) and campaign objectives
- Work with planning and Insights team to conduct market research and compile information for media plans
- Work with analytics & planning team on media objectives to determine campaign KPI’s and optimization strategy/execution
- Work with Ad Ops to ensure tagging and creative agency needs are met for campaign launches
- Help facilitate the team in on-going negotiations with digital vendors
- Act as a final resource for all inventory, billing and invoice discrepancies while working closely with accounts payable team to resolve
- Meet with media reps for new initiatives that could be innovative for brands
- Work with team leads to create upfront negotiation strategies and execute the negotiation of yearly and on-going contracts and supplemental proposals at set rates for the year
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- May manage day-to-day planning expectations on timing and deliverables on revisions to media plans
- Strategizes ways to use media dollars with Sr. Manager/Supervisor most effectively to the greatest benefit for our clients
- Proactively resolve issues, know when to and to whom to escalate
- Mentoring and training of Account Coordinators/Assistants- delegate and assure projects are completed on time and adhered to (within) budget before presenting to Sr. Manager/Supervisor for final QA
- Responsible for leading internal status meetings with Analytics, Planning, and Ad Ops to present and keep up to date performance management documents
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among them to meet timelines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of agency or client experience working with digital media buying and ad serving platforms and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Familiar with digital media planning elements and tactics
- Highly analytical and great problem-solving skills
- Ability to pre-empt issues and be proactive in producing solutions
- Capable to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Aptitude to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Solutions orientated with strong critical thinking skill
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience working with business applications; MS Office Suite desired
- Thorough knowledge of required media planning tools and software; MediaOcean and Google Ad platforms are a plu
Please note that we continue to work remotely due to COVID-19 and this position will remain remote for the foreseeable future. Must be able to work EST hours.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.