Account Executive in Client Services
- Triton Square, London NW1, UK
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We have an exciting vacancy for an Account Executive to join our busy Client Services Team in Merkle’s, Marketing Solutions Department. This role involves working with major clients across sectors including retail, travel and dinning. You will be a key player in our team! This role offers significant industry learning, growth and development opportunities. We are looking for someone to join as soon as possible.
This is an entry level role and ideal for either a graduate who loves the marketing sector. Or a second jobber looking for a career change. You will need to like to enjoy working with data and being client facing. We would want to see a demonstrable understanding of database marketing from significant research.
We are looking for someone who can start this year.
Life as an Account Executive at Merkle
• You will be rubbing minds and working collaboratively with a wide team of technology and data experts to encourage our clients to think and talk differently about data and marketing
• We are a close-knit team, and you will relish working across a number of different projects and across internal and external stakeholders.
• You will be the first point of contact for client requirements.
• Commercial tasks including organization and tracking of invoicing completed by Merkle Finance Team and supporting the team in managing financial KPIs and margins, management of SLAs and reporting
• Managing and attending relevant status meetings/calls, ensuring task trackers are accurately maintained and contact reports are written up and circulated in a timely manner
• Supporting the team to write presentations, BI and reporting (internal such as timesheets and external such as Client campaign performance) that will be used for Client and internal activities
• We are a customer and commercially focused culture and you will have the support and tools to progress in your career
What we are looking for in you
• Someone who has shown a keen interest in the Marketing and Digital Marketing industry (either through studies or extra circular activities).
• An interest or experience managing expectations and building excellent working relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle on client site
• A team player who can build relationships across teams, clients and other marketing agencies
• Willing to understand marketing strategy and be able to implement it effectively through customer communication
• Interest in relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools
• Foundation level or research into understanding campaign reporting and analysis of client data
• Interest in CRM programmes across industry sectors and data driven campaign programs
• Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines with ability to work alone using initiative to manage entire projects through to final implementation
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable working atmosphere - and business-casual dress code (when in the office)
- Equipment such as a monitor will be delivered if working from home to make your at-home office set-up as comfortable as possible
- Regular company socials (when social distancing allows for this)
- Health Insurance provided
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.