Manager Business Analysis
- Remote, Columbia, Maryland, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
DEG is seeking a Manager of the Digital Experience Business Analyst team. This person will work with the Business Analyst/Consultant team to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients. This person will be responsible for the overall health and success of the team, ensuring that our processes, methodologies and ways of working are clearly defined within the team and consistently used across projects.
This person will play a critical role in the growth and development of the team. This person will coach and mentor team members and assist in escalation situations.
A successful candidate will have hands on experience working on digital experience projects, leading teams and familiarity working with external clients in a professional services organization.
- Provide leadership within the Digital Experience Business Analyst team
- Act as an escalation point for client situations
- Coach and provide mentorship to members of the team
- Conduct 1:1's with team members
- Working with clients interpreting business rules and requirements for technical systems and web-based projects.
- Convert detailed business rules into system requirements within an agile development team.
- Gather business and functional requirements following Scrum methodologies.
- Define and document data mapping requirements as it relates to the integration with all channel platforms.
- Analyze client web applications, and user and consumer processes.
- Create technical documentation and user requirements/project documents including Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Site Maps, Wire Frames and test cases.
- Create and/or review estimates for projects
- Participate in internal escalation meetings
- Identify potential risk on projects and implement mitigation strategies
- Guide team members through client responses to escalations
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Recruit new talent to join the team
- Maintain a healthy and stable work-life balance for the team
- Coach and mentor team members to grow their knowledge of the technologies that we work in and ability to implement on time and on budget.
- Assist project teams in critical decision making
- Experience working in CMS, DXP or CaaS solutions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable presenting information to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a professional services organization
- Demonstrated understanding of systems and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong analytical skills, research and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and process definition and design.
- Experience delivering client facing projects leveraging an Agile Methodology.
- Self-starter and able to operate independently
- Motivated to help individuals grow their career
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.