Sr. HR Director
- Remote Address, Chicago, IL, United States
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Purpose of the role:
The Americas/US Service Line Practice HR Director, CXM is responsible for leading the HR priorities and transformation within the Americas and Merkle/CXM Service Line. This role operates as a strategic business partner, change agent and organizational effectiveness leader for a growth oriented business area. This leader will enable the talent/human resources (HR) strategy; actively serving as leader, consultant, and coach on HR policies, practices, capabilities and programs. The role will work collaboratively to ensure successful implementation of talent management, transformation to the New Business Model, integration, operational excellence and process excellence. As a strategic talent partner, the Human Resources Director will work with the Service Line & HR leadership to ensure that the strategic talent and workforce planning is in place at all levels to meet the needs of the business now and as the organization continues to grow while at the same time helping to shape and reinforce a common corporate culture built on dentsu vision and values.
The Americas/US Service Line Practice HR Director actively leads change efforts to support a culture consistent with the dentsu mission and values. This position is responsible for working across various client groups/brands and organizations to ensure that the business groups are managed consistently and with a unified voice and vision.
- Design and execution of the Merkle/CXM organizational structure, ensuring the structure enables us to deliver on the business strategy & results
- Implementation of talent priorities that support the business strategy, priorities and vision in alignment with dentsu vision & New Business Model
- Advise business leadership on strategic and operational activities & decisions; serve as partner for human resources strategies and functions (e.g. talent, expert networks, Shared Services, etc.)
- Analyze, interpret, and forecast workforce trends, data to develop & implement strategies to address. Provide insights related to people, levels and cost to achieve the business goals related to growth, utilization and effective cost management.
- Interpret and promote equitable & consistent application of human resource policies and procedures for the business entity. Partner with HR COEs & legal to ensure policies, practices and programs meet legal/regulatory standards and are in conformance with dentsu policies.
- Provide leadership on issues related to organizational culture and promote values that attract, retain, and motivate people (e.g. diversity, managing change, promoting Employee Promise).
- Supporting the development of HR functional excellence through the active coaching and development of the HR team, supporting the recruitment of the best available quality HR resources in-market.
- Participates in the development of and implementation of HR processes & programs at the market level; communicates and implements dentsu HR practices and goals within the business area; supports a culture consistent with the denstu mission and core values.
- Implement and lead organizational changes, strategic initiatives & global processes within the Merkle/CXM Service Line.
- Facilitate effective management decisions for reward, performance management and workforce assessments
- Supporting the development of HR functional excellence through the active coaching and development of the HR team, supporting the recruitment of the best available quality HR resources in-market
- Actively engage and champion critical programs and projects (HR Transformation, HR initiatives, global vision & initiatives, etc.)
- 12+ years experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR practices that focuses on innovation and engagement; ability to build a diverse, high performance, results driven team; ability to develop and implement end-to-end processes that result in talent growth throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability as a business partner within a creative environment to ensure effective deployment of people strategies including talent acquisition/development, performance and change management
- Experience of leading change and transformation in the business including organization design
- Experience with talent strategy development
- Proven HR experience in positions of increasing responsibility with several years in talent leadership role and managing a team of HR professionals in a matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively & collaboratively with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the business while ensuring compliance with employment laws, regulations and organizational process & practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current talent and performance management trends and ability to implement in a transforming organization.
- Partnering, building relationships based on trust, equality, respect and support
- Process management and project leadership skills are critical.
- Embrace diversity & innovative ideas to solve problems and identify solutions
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to provide honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner.
- Process management and project leadership skills are critical.
- Continually build & rebuild relevant expertise
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.