- 410 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Our vision is to be an inspiring, innovative and indispensable growth partner to the world’s leading B2B brands.
We bring together a myriad of talent, including visionaries, artists, strategists, technologists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We celebrate innovation, collaboration and mutual respect.
We are champions for meaningful progress, and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. gyro is part of Merkle B2B – the world’s first full service B2B integrated agency. We are also an agency of dentsu.
Supporting and collaborating with a wide variety of clients, including Grainger, Grant Thornton, McCain Foods, Vanguard and Nagase to name a few. Supporting strategic initiatives through intelligence gathering, research design analysis and strategic support plus development of materials for key initiatives such as workshops, innovation sessions client presentations and creative briefings (e.g., research reports, briefing materials). We’re looking for an independent thinker who is curious and passionate about people, brands, marketing, content, social and digital. The Strategist must be a natural collaborator working across the Strategy Team, and other disciplines, including Account, Creative, Project Management, Media, Data and Technology.
Team and Reporting Structure
The Strategy Group is a team of eleven strategists led by two SVPs of Strategy. This role will report directly into one of our Strategy Directors. The strategy team has a diverse range of expertise across all aspects of strategy and there will be opportunities to work with different members of the team.
- Conduct research to help understand category, brands and audiences and proactively share with department and agency
- Provide insightful research reports, analyzing data (either quantitative or qualitative) and turning it into valuable intelligence to inform strategies
- Build a comprehensive understanding and successful application of secondary research tools
- Help build, produce and manage planning projects and materials. This will workshops, creative development and research projects
- Monitor ongoing marketing, content and digital trends in B2B to keep team inspired and informed
- Be an excellent communicator, delivering coherent and clear written and verbal presentations
- 1-3 years’ experience in advertising, marketing, or like-minded-industry or from a planning Masters programs (Miami Ad School, VCU)
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Some quantitative and qualitative research experience and/or openness to learning (not afraid of numbers and rigor)
- Content planning and development experience ideal but not essential
- Storytelling ability and/or aptitude to ask good questions, explain things clearly and succinctly
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, digital innovations, cultural trends and people
- Works well with others, a team player; but can also thrive when individual work is required
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.