- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Carat is consistently ranked the #1 media agency in the world with over 12,000 experts in over 100 countries. We deliver an unparalleled capability to unlock real human understanding to connect people and brands by designing powerful and engaging media experiences.
Carat is looking for an Planning Director to support one of our largest clients, a global consumer goods organization. Reporting to the SVP, Group Account Director, Planning, you will be tasked with setting the working style for the group and leading the strategic direction. In this position you will be an expert on the client's business and a leader on the account both internally and to the client.
- Be accountable for media plan output timeliness, accuracy, and overall excellence
- Play an integral role in the collection and evaluation of syndicated consumer and media consumption information and play a contributing role in the creation of the communications plans
- Serve as the comprehensive specialist in existing and emerging media opportunities (thorough awareness of available media and marketing services suppliers) that would be relevant to the your client and ensure that opportunities within them are presented and communicated effectively.
- Oversee the consistent reporting of competitive market/media information, including business insights that can inform media as well as broader marketing actions.
- Serve as a facilitating contact point for client when media issues are discussed
- Lead the process of strategic media planning/execution and serve as a resource for supervisors, planners and assistants for advice and counsel
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of communications/media planning experience
- Proven leadership ability – experience managing a team of planners & supervisors
- Exceptional knowledge of digital media
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Time Off (unlimited PTO)
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
**Please note that while this role is located in NYC, all of our employees are currently working 100% remotely as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and will continue to do so until we are safely able to return to the office**
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.