Senior Brand Strategist
- Brooklyn, New York, NY, us
Character is a San Francisco and New York-based brand strategy and design agency building and partnering with some of the world's most renowned and revered brands, including Nike, Netflix, Instagram and Tom Ford. We're also known for our expertise in launching new businesses and brands - many of our clients are early-stage companies with inspiring visions to change the lives of their consumers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can succeed. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our products and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Character is an agency of dentsu.
Character is seeking a Senior Brand Strategist to join our studio. We love smart, curious people with eclectic backgrounds who appreciate great design and strong strategic storytelling.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building and defining brands from the ground up, working more upstream in the decision-making process with clients/founders. They will bring a fresh perspective and an ability to uncover truths and find insights that authentically ground a brand. You should love exploring cultures, categories, and people across different industries and contexts.
Working with our team of designers and writers, you will be responsible for marshaling bold and transformative brand strategies. You will be taking complex and sometimes disparate information and threading together simple, clear, impactful, and emotive brand stories. The Senior Strategist will report to the Director of Strategy.
We want to hear from you if you…
- Have 3-5+ years of experience in Brand/Creative Strategy
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Are a voracious reader and consumer of culture
- Can write, research, and analyze information to create brand positioning and other branding elements (e.g., purpose, vision, mission, personality, promise, brand architecture, etc.)
- Have strong presentation and workshop facilitation abilities and can confidently lead clients through an argument or point-of-view
- Are adept at engaging with senior clients to help them realize ambitious business outcomes
- Are a true collaborator and thrive by working with closely with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Enjoy being hands-on in the work, creating strategy deliverables and/or guiding and shaping the work of more junior strategists to our standard in brand
- Are comfortable reviewing and/or conducting primary research
- Are proactive, organized, and can manage multiple moving projects at once
We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including unlimited paid time off, medical, dental, and vision. We strive to create a collaborative, creative and fun environment where everyone feels excited to be a part of our studio.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.