Senior Manager, Digital
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
Carat is the world’s first media agency and privileged to work with some of the most storied and innovative brands in the world. Most recently named a leader amongst global media agencies by Forrester, Carat is consistently ranked the #1 media agency in the world. With over 12,000 experts in over 100 countries. Carat is a dentsu company and delivers an unparalleled capability to unlock real human understanding and connect people and brands through powerful and engaging media experiences.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Carat is an agency of dentsu.
The Senior Manager is a base-level management position. This role is accountable for all aspects of the planning, implementation and tracking of the assigned client’s online campaigns. The Senior Manager partners with the AMD or Director setting the strategic tone for the assigned accounts. The Senior Manager assists in the creation of all important digital plans and presentations. The Senior Manager is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media space (including traditional media) and available media research.
Media Planning and Execution:
- Work with senior team members to set digital program planning and negotiation strategies
- Write front end (digital strategies and objectives) of plans and present in collaboration with traditional planning team to client ensuring recommended tactics, partners and programs deliver against stated goals
- Oversee plan negotiations
- Act as a final resource for team related to all inventory, billing and invoice discrepancies
- Act as the internal point person, where appropriate, with Comms Planning, Insight, & Finance teams
- Ensure constant communication between Ad Ops and various creative agencies (and other external partners) and ensure brand/team processes align
- Develop and maintain timelines for all projects
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Maintain client relationships at appropriate levels
- Understand the client needs
- Manage deliverables expectations with Comms Planning Team
- Where appropriate, grows business opportunities within current clients
- Thoroughly understanding of all elements of the brand and specifically its strategic target and prime prospects
- Looks to identify opportunities to offer agency service line offerings to existing clients
- Serve as a resource for Associates and Assistants for advice, counsel and mentorship
- Lead face to face client and vendor meetings
- Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 -7 years media experience including at least 3 years in digital media planning
- Experience in online marketing and current knowledge of trends and innovations in traditional and digital media
- Experience creating and selling media programs
- Ability to articulate strategic foundation for their development
- Balanced ability to perform analytically and creatively
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven leadership skills and management experience
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.