Lead reactNative Mobile Developer
- Remote Address, New York, NY
Isobar is a creative experience agency that is focused on digital innovation and design, with an expertise in emerging technologies. Isobar has global offices in 51 markets with over 8,000 employees working every day to create engaging, interesting, valuable and meaningful experiences. As part of dentsu, a global network that has capabilities across data, marketing, advertising and experience, Isobar leads the way in terms of innovation and design services and operates under the principles of “Invent – Make – Change” – the way we approach the work that we do and what we find most rewarding and meaningful as we work with our clients, across an extensive client roster across verticals.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
Isobar is seeking a Lead reactNative Mobile Developer that has proven experience developing and supporting enterprise-class web applications using all front-end technologies. Candidates must have extensive experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies.
- Experience with templating engines (e.g., Mustache, FreeMarker, Razor)
- Thorough understanding of responsive web design, fluid layouts, and positioning
- Thorough understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, optimization, and front-end performance requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues that span multiple systems, as well as performance-tune and optimize an application with minimal assistance.
- Thorough knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for search engine optimization
- Able to perform low-level code analysis using code decompiles and memory dumps
- Experience with front-end optimization tools (e.g., Rhino or YUI for JS Compression) and web server gzip compression
- Able to identify anti-patterns and provide refactoring recommendations
- Strong layout, interaction design, and data visualization skills
- Expertise in the evaluation, selection, and use of development frameworks and tools
- Expertise in the selection and implementation of solutions that employ creational, structural, and behavioral design patterns, with the ability to leverage them through the design of entire project threads.
- Proficient with program modeling and the ability to design complete solutions for an entire application or system.
- Expert knowledge and application of the concepts and advantages of using compression and other optimization techniques (sprites, etc.) to improve front-end performance.
- Experience developing sites with a content management system (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Expertise with optimization tools (e.g., integration with Omniture/Optimost/DTM/etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
- Experience with source-code management tools (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Able to set up source control and continuous integration tools, as well as assist in code branching and merging within the project.
- Experience with build systems (e.g., Gulp, Grunt, Webpack) and unit testing
- Comfortable with multiple development methodologies such as Agile or Scrum
- Able to lead status meetings involving technical team members.
- In collaboration with user experience colleagues, be able to quickly prototype ideas and concepts for demonstrative and explorative purposes.
- Able to set up a shared, documented development environment, including environment set-up, build process, and deployment from scratch.
- Able to evaluate a set of requirements and recommend a platform.
- Able to conduct code reviews and enforce coding, security best practices, and guidelines to a team of multiple developers.
- Able to interpret wireframes and translate visual design and user experience flows into sound technical solutions.
- Able to document the complete solution using proven methods (UML, flow charting, ER diagrams) and Isobar templates, as well as client-ready documentation for entire project threads.
Nice to Have.
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with XML technologies like XSD, XSL, XPATH
- Design and conceptual skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.