- Vasteland 74, 3011 BN Rotterdam, Netherlands
About Merkle The Netherlands
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency, part of dentsu, and has more than 50 branches and 9600 employees. More than 285 people work together in our offices in Amsterdam and Rotterdam with leading customers such as Microsoft, HEMA, NS, Marktplaats, Vodafone, BMW, Air France-KLM, Signify, Burger King and Corendon. The company is a strategic partner of Google, Adobe, Salesforce, Bol.com, Selligent.
In support of Merkle’s ambitious growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are developing the region’s IT capability. As well as delivering exceptional operational services we have a growing number of important projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the Merkle IT infrastructure and business systems. This position has the potential to transition into a management role within two years for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Lead Engineer to join Merkle EMEA IT team focusing on the Netherlands business, whilst we are in a period of transformation and modernisation. We are looking for someone with the energy and drive to support and assist the IT teams to integrate and migrate technology solutions into Merkle’s global standards and align to their strategic vision.
- Up to 10 years or more experience working in IT operations for a global organization
- Experience leading IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, functioning in a leading role
- Excellent project co-ordination skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Understanding of data protection (GDPR) and information governance (ISO27001)
- Previous experience working in a transformational environment within a Global organization
- Developing and utilising Change and Incident Management processes/practices
- Providing 24/7 support for assigned Information Technology platforms
- Leading local delivery of client hosting solutions in line with Merkle’s cloud hosting architecture
- Effectively manage staff utilisation and prioritisation based on evolving business and technology considerations
- Managing, rewarding, and retaining top talent in the IT field, ensuring Merkle’s IT Team remains world-class
Some specifics we require...
- The suitable candidate will possess circa 8+ years of experience implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment
- Working experience of cloud IAAS platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) including support, best practices, security principles -combined with migration experience
- Within this, circa 2 years in a lead role with a good understanding of network, security, hosting & data centre technologies
- Demonstrable ability to engage all stakeholders in a positive, productive manner
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent
- Possess dynamic, hands-on technology experience with an emphasis on solution delivery and platform optimizations
- Proven ability to understand client/stakeholder needs and transform them into world-class solutions that meet/exceed their respective expectations
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and present to C level executives
- Abition to improve IT service levels and be a point of escalation
- Represent IT in management meetings
- Excellent knowledge Linux server technologies
- Create SOP and technical documentation
- Maintain deep knowledge of cloud services, enterprise applications, security be design, lifecycle management, advanced troubleshooting, and integration across various technology stacks in a hybrid, multi cloud architecture
What we offer? Quite a lot, here are some highlights:
- A good salary with ditto fringe benefits;
- International workspace. Work together with colleagues world-wide!
- Plenty of time and possibility for self-development with an adequate training budget;
- A challenging position at a successful company in a growing market;
- Flexibility and freedom. Working from home is no problem and you can organize your own agenda;
- Enough time for other fun things at work. Table football, table tennis, (thematic) get togethers, parties, camping with all colleagues and a lot more!
Where will you work?
At our office you’ll find a group of professionals with different backgrounds and specializations. Pro’s that love to look further than their own niche and are keen to make the impossible possible. If you’d ask us we also think the parties, room for initiative and good vibes are what makes Merkle great. We don’t like shady stuff, but we do like a good atmosphere.
''At Merkle NL, we strive for a safe workplace with the aim of equal opportunities and treatment for everyone. Where everyone feels welcome and safe to be who they are and where everyone can express themselves. Because we are in favor of real change, we encourage applications from candidates from different backgrounds to further increase our diversity. ''